Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 3 new guides

But I have a question then, if you put in a bigger condenser, would it cool the whole system down even more?
    Amd Athlon64 "Venice" - 3200+
    2 x 512 mb Gskill Pc 4800
    Asus A8N-SLI
    Leadtek Geforce 6800GT 350/1000
    120 gb Seagate hdd
    Seasonic 600 watt

Xtreme Member
    Very nice guides I'm kinda starting to understand how these phase change cooling systems work. If I were to make one myself, how much would it cost me in total on average (excluding the tools)?

C2D E6300 @ 3.5ghz | 2x1GB ADATA "Micron D9" @ 500 4-4-4-12 2.3v | Asus P5B-E Plus C2 | Sapphire X1900XT 512MB | Tuniq Tower 120

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by _Eduard_
    Very nice guides I'm kinda starting to understand how these phase change cooling systems work. If I were to make one myself, how much would it cost me in total on average (excluding the tools)?
    Depends, do you accept using used parts? If you do, then i would suggest making a visit to your nearest refrigeration-tech/shop whatever and ask them if they have something lying around . This way you can make nice finds and if you are very lucky you just need to buy a new filter and maybe some capillary-tube. If you are looking for new parts i'm sure someone from NL will answer you .

-100C Club Member
    sub cooling and superheat calculations how to
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=47815

Xtreme Addict
    good work LardArse, i will need this guides
    Asus P5-E X38 Intel QX9650 INOO3D 9800 Gx2 4x Super Talent's T800UX2GC4
    Creative X-Fi Raid 0 Raptors 36Gb data 1Tb Seasonic M12 700w
    Dell 2407WFP Lian-Li Pc-65 mod Custom Built Phase Change Unit |Logitech G25|

RIG#2: DFI LANPARTY LT X48-T2R|Q9550| INOO3D 9800GTX|
    2xCellshok 1000| PC Power and cooling 750w Thermaltake v1
    Wife: DFI LANPARTY UT P35-T2R|Q930|BFG 8800GTS 512MB|
    Samsung ddrII 667| PC Power and cooling 610eps12v Thermaltake v1

Htpc:Dfi Sli-Dr Venus|3700+|2x1gb Team Group ddr500|Thermaltake Mozart TX

Hi

I've been using these a lot to learn about refrigerents:

http://www.ashrae.org/content/ASHRAE...799333_347.pdf

http://www.heatcraft.com/resources/refrigtable.asp

and finally this great program:

http://www.et.dtu.dk/coolpack/UK/index.html

Perhaps some of you could use them too..
    Where can i find a nice girl who's last name isn't .jpg??

Great links my man! Thx for the informative addition!
    That proggie looks like its very useful... but dauntingly complex at first glance

It IS quite complex.. there is a lot of functions that i still don't use.. and also an add on module which i guess can emulate systems.. but haven't played with it yet..
    Where can i find a nice girl who's last name isn't .jpg??

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Great info on there .
    There any guide to a home made simple direct die block ?
    regards
    Q9550 EO @ 4.1
    Asus P5Q Deluxe
    4 Gb DDR2 Gskill
    2xVelociraptors 300 gb Raid 0
    Sapphire Vapor 4870 1Gb
    PCP&C 750w silencer psu

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin
    Great info on there .
    There any guide to a home made simple direct die block ?
    regards
    Here's how I do up simple but great working evaps:
    http://www.vr-zone.com.sg/?i=1227&s=2
    Been on cap evaps ever since my first

Xtreme Enthusiast
    thanks shamino, that is a simple evaporator and would fit perfectly on my almost finish phase change :
    Q9550 EO @ 4.1
    Asus P5Q Deluxe
    4 Gb DDR2 Gskill
    2xVelociraptors 300 gb Raid 0
    Sapphire Vapor 4870 1Gb
    PCP&C 750w silencer psu

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin
    thanks shamino, that is a simple evaporator and would fit perfectly on my almost finish phase change :
    No prob, lookin very nice there.
    For cheap and effective evap housing, here's an option
    http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=1627&s=1

Man, this is super guides...I don't know what could be if i didn't read them.
    Thank you very much ) There should be more such good people as you.
    Duron 800@1120(x140) 2.3v/MSI KT133A Vmod/192MB PC133 CL2/Sapphire Radeon 9550 128MB All Vmods 250/200@533/290
    3DMark2003

Wow thanks, thats a great compliment. Glad you enjoyed them!

Xtreme Member
    Sorry to bump this thread, but I gotta. I am very new at DIY Phase Change, and am about to very soon start my building of a basic DIY Phase change system. When I first decided that i was going to undertake this venture, I went onlinbe and learned all I could about refrigeration basic. THAN I went to learn about phase changing, and then to evaporators, etc... I have to say that those guides are great. Especially in the order they are in. A n00b at this sort of thing should learn about those subjects in that order. Excellent, I am going to read all of those and learn even more!

Cant wait to start on my project.
    Thanks!

Abit IC7-G MAXII MoBo
    Intel P4 Prescott 3.2
    1GB Corsair XMS DDR550 (OCZ DDR Booster? Might use it)
    eVGA GeForce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3
    LeadTek 2000XP TV/FM Radio Tuner w/ Remote Control
    Sony CDRW/DVDRW 16x Dual Layer
    OCZ 520 Watt ModStream Modular PSU
    DD TDX Waterblock, Aqua Xtreme 50Z Pump,
    Switech MCR320

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    I agree =) I've got most of the pieces together to make my first run at this, just need to find the correct gauges so I can do this safely. Maybe by this weekend I'll have a rough product for pressure testing.
    Great Guides, shows all the tools needed.

Xtreme Recruit
    waaahaay!!! i can finally post!

well...i am a complete n00b at all this phase change stuff but i wanted to build one. After coming to this forum i almost completely gave up hope on building one of these systems as it looked sooooo complicated but after reading your guides Lardass (lol) there is still a little hope hope for me

i think when too many "T"s came into the guide you kinda lost me a bit

one main question i have is about the evaporator, because i always thaught there would be two pipes/hoses connected to it, one for getting the refridgerant in and one for evaporating it back out into the system, but from your guide pictures i got a little confused as i only saw one hose
    and all those "T"s did not help

anyway i'll read up more i guess, one more think i'm going on holiday tommorow down the far east, any suggestions on things i could pick up for cheap, i know i may run accross a condenser because the use AC's alot (very hot)

Any way, piece out dudes!
    Last edited by zub; 07-04-2005 at 07:12 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Great guides there, i'm slowly reading up and learning but the cost of tools is a little daunting before i even begin to look at costs of materials

Xtreme Addict -100C Club
    the single hose you see has a cappilair into it(metering device)
    its through that the refridgerant enters the evap
    Back in the phase change world

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by zub
    waaahaay!!! i can finally post!

well...i am a complete n00b at all this phase change stuff but i wanted to build one. After coming to this forum i almost completely gave up hope on building one of these systems as it looked sooooo complicated but after reading your guides Lardass (lol) there is still a little hope hope for me

i think when too many "T"s came into the guide you kinda lost me a bit

one main question i have is about the evaporator, because i always thaught there would be two pipes/hoses connected to it, one for getting the refridgerant in and one for evaporating it back out into the system, but from your guide pictures i got a little confused as i only saw one hose
    and all those "T"s did not help

anyway i'll read up more i guess, one more think i'm going on holiday tommorow down the far east, any suggestions on things i could pick up for cheap, i know i may run accross a condenser because the use AC's alot (very hot)

Any way, piece out dudes!

most guys run the capillary tube inside the suction line, thats why it appears to only have one line to the evap.

this makes a cleaner looking job but also has the benifit of lowering the temp of the refrigerant in the cap tube which increases capacity.

ps: lardarse evap design is cheap to make and a very good design,
    Last edited by wdrzal; 07-04-2005 at 10:16 AM.

Xtreme Recruit
    oh i see......finally i'm beginning to understand more.

luckily the place where i'm staying at for my holiday (our holiday home) we are currently thinking of removing our AC as where selling the house, so i'll make sure i bring some parts back from the AC. the compresser, condenser and probably the filter.

ps - in that guide, is that a self made filter??? how do you make one? is it just a capillary tube turning into a larger pipe and then a cappillary tube? but that seems a little too simple and also where in the world do you get solid copper blocks for the evap? i live in UK London so scrap yards are extremely rare believe me so maybe getting the parts from my old AC will probably be my only chance of grabbing the equipment i need to set up my phase cooler (just hope they dont throw it out befroe i get there!)
    Last edited by zub; 07-04-2005 at 11:53 AM.

Xtreme Member
    not bad reading at all

Xtreme Member
    I've just got a prometeia mach 2 cooling unit and didn't know how to properly insulate the cpu and motherboard. Thanks to you now I know Super guides! Thanks
    AMD Turion MT34 @ 250*9=2250MHz 24/7
    ATI X800PRO
    MSI K8NM FISR BIOS Rev 1.5 My first BIOS modification
    2x80GB Maxtor drives @ RAID-0
    1x160GB Seagate
    Everything in a mATX case.

luckily the place where i'm staying at for my holiday (our holiday home) we are currently thinking of removing our AC as where selling the house, so i'll make sure i bring some parts back from the AC. the compresser, condenser and probably the filter.

ps - in that guide, is that a self made filter??? how do you make one? is it just a capillary tube turning into a larger pipe and then a cappillary tube? but that seems a little too simple and also where in the world do you get solid copper blocks for the evap? i live in UK London so scrap yards are extremely rare believe me so maybe getting the parts from my old AC will probably be my only chance of grabbing the equipment i need to set up my phase cooler (just hope they dont throw it out befroe i get there!)
    hey there, I do not know what you mean? if you mean the blue drier/filter, since its 1/4" to 1/4" I need to attach the cap tube to it somehow so i just crimped a 1/4" aginst a cap tube and braze up!

Phenom™

Ummm, I think a whole-house central A/C unit may be just a little too large for our applications

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast