Build log tangent- Was looking at cable combs today the question is, silver or black?... which prompted a journey down a rabbit hole of aesthetic choices that need to be actually decided. At the moment, the colour scheme is:

Black case.
Orange lights.
Orange/Dark Grey Cables like so:

And I'm going with some Mayhems orange dye. Not the Pastel stuff either, as I've seen some horror stories. The ideal result with look like centre glass here:

But there isn't much in the way of "accent colours". And the Cable combs should match the fittings right?

So here we have the face-off. Fittings and general water-cooling stuff, Black vs. Aluminium/Silver. I made some giant image boards to help me decide, but it's not helped, its just made me more indecisive.

I guess click them to get the full impression.

Silver looks great. Black looks great too! I think with the right lighting the silver will "pop" more, and all those nice specular highlights off the metal and transparent tube/liquid. In particular the bottom right/left of the silver group.

But black is pretty badass. Look at that Heatkiller GPU block. The contrast works better with a pastel fluid though.

Hummmm. Thoughts?

Ugh, I'm probably going to have to buy a few of each and have a look IRL. Those that don't make the cut can be hidden in the bottom of the case if needs be. xD

Tangent over (for now) Sleeving update tomorrow!