Thread: OCCT Perestroika - 3.0.0.b04 released ! Stable : 2.0.1

Threaded View

Xtreme Member

Talking OCCT Perestroika - 3.0.0.b04 released ! Stable : 2.0.1

As asked by alot of forum members, here's a thread dedicated to OCCT and its future updates. I'll post betas and stable versions here !

Please feel free to post comments, bug reports, as well as evolutions you'd like to see in OCCT. I'm usually very open to those suggestions, and you'll almost always get an answer

Oh, please excuse any spelling mistake i make, English isn't my native language

For people working on PC news website and such : PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A NEWS ON BETAS ! I prefer you to spread the info about the stable versions only

OCCT PT has been around for 2 years now, and was recently almost completly redone. It gave birth to :

OCCT PT 3.0.0.beta !

What's new ?

5 Tests
    • CPU OCCT : The classical OCCT CPU tests. The modes "CPU, RAM, and Mix" have been renamed to match more closely their roles to "Low, Medium and Large data sets".
    • Linpack : The very same test that Intel Burn Test, based on an Intel library, that will make your CPU hotter than never before.
    • GPU 3D : OCCT GPU, a home-made 3d program that will make your GPU hotter than anything else (even furmark), and sports an error-checking mode just as ATITool.
    • GPU Memtest : A GPU memory memtest based on CUDA. Very useful as well, but in practice, it is better at detecting manufacturing errors, and not overclocking errors.
    • Power Supply : This test is actually Linpack combined with OCCT GPU. It aims at loading your power supply, and results shows that it uses 20% more power than Crysis and 25% than 3dmark BEWARE, THIS TEST IS REALLY HARD ON YOUR POWER SUPPLY, IT COULD MELT IT EASILY ! DO NOT USE IT IF YOU HAVE A "NO NAME" POWER SUPPLY !

GUI
    • Brand new GUI, with alot of options added
    • Help panel : just move your mouse
    • Modularity : you can hide/show the Monitoring/Sysinfo/Help parts

Graphs
    • Graphs have been revamped - they'll show the test configuration in the titles (Resolution for the GPU 3D test, etc...)
    • Another line has been added showing the CPU Usage on CPU tests and Power Supply, and the FPS on the 3d test !

Monitoring
    • Engine was updated, should support more cpus
    • Added GPU temperature monitoring and autodetection
    • The CPU Usage displayed is now instantaneous (just as the task manager) instead of the average since the starts of the test - more meaningful, especially since the graphs shows the CPU usage in time.

And many, many things i am probably forgetting.

KNOWN LIMITATIONS
    • The linpack test has a 64 bits mode, but no detection of a 64 bits CPU and OS is actually don. it'll be added later on.
    • The GPU MemTest test is supporting only one Graphic card
    • There's currently no way of launching the 3d test in fullscreen mode. I know this causes some issues on ATI and SLI systems. It'll be resolved later on
    • Translations aren't up to date at all !

Thanks for your help and feedback !

Enjoy !

http://www.ocbase.com/download.php?fileext=beta

Last edited by Tetedeiench; 11-23-2008 at 02:04 PM.