Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petra got the PA series

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Quoc was told by the guys at Shin-Etsu that the MPU-3.7 had undergone a name change and that they couldn't provide us with any... and the substitute that they suggested, after looking at the spec. sheet, really didn't appear to be all that great. So, since the X23-7783D looked better than the substitute they offered, we went with it.

We'd like to... we'd also like to carry the PA120.1... The problem is that we rarely receive everything that we ask for
    well crap..seems like Sin-Etsu was not real helpful

Ok..who the H*ll is not letting you get good access to Thermochill products..afraid you will provide better support than they give????

Thermochill..Help Petra out..please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Heat
    i5 2500k @4.5ghz Raystorm
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 16gb(4x4) G.Skill PC12800 Ripjaws X
    x1900xt MCW60
    Rad: Thermochill PA120.3 3YL SL/ Pump: DDC2 w/ Petra's top 7/16in ID masterkleer
    Corsair 120gb Force GT SSD/ 1TB WD Black Caviar SATA
    X-Fi music/SH-203B/H62L/LH-20A1L
    Corsair HX620w /Acer AL2223W/modded TJ07

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jabski View Post
    make that 4

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    Ok..who the H*ll is not letting you get good access to Thermochill products..afraid you will provide better support than they give????

Marci is the one behind it. I know he's flat out form the recent coment on here with getting stuff out.

If you employ an old work force you don't get decent production

XIP - can sit on his hair
    Don't spout B/S pete...
    Last edited by Marci; 05-14-2007 at 02:08 AM.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Marci is the one behind it. I know he's flat out form the recent coment on here with getting stuff out.

If you employ an old work force you don't get decent production
    I usually try and be nice and polite when I post here but not this time.
    I damn well resent that comment my friend and would like you to retract it.
    I'm 55 years old and as long as we're not digging ditches I can match a days work with anyone I ever met.
    Let me take that back on the ditches, I can probably match there also.
    What you haven't yet learned in your all to young life is that with age comes experience. You learn to work with less wasted motion.
    Jesus,people piss me off when they spout BS as truth.
    My apologies to the rest of the forum for my little bit of temper here.
    PS: As anyone with any knowledge will tell you, when having parts machined for you the one thing you don't want is a young guy. You want the guy whom knows that machine inside and out from spending thousands of hours with it.
    We're not talking running marathons here my friend we're talking skills and those come with experience and with experience comes age as a natural part of the equation.
    Last edited by Movieman; 05-14-2007 at 02:11 AM.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Member
    why do you say that Pete.. that an old workforce doesn't produce well?
    do you mean ages of the labor force or bringing back a work force from idle activity to begin work again?
    Obviously 80 year old men won't be able to compete with 20 year olds in most things, but the "work force" usually ends around 60-70 and myself just turning 50, I still work circles around 20 year old guys... I hire and fire them all the time.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffnWV View Post
    why do you say that Pete.. that an old workforce doesn't produce well?
    do you mean ages of the labor force or bringing back a work force from idle activity to begin work again?
    Obviously 80 year old men won't be able to compete with 20 year olds in most things, but the "work force" usually ends around 60-70 and myself just turning 50, I still work circles around 20 year old guys... I hire and fire them all the time.
    Can I offer you a good meal the next time you find yourself in the New hampshire area?
    That is of course if I'm not so decrepid by then that I can't lift the pots to the stove and altzheimers prevents me from remembering the recipes.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

XIP - can sit on his hair
    Productivity & quality of work done by our 50+yr old solderers far exceeds that of our 20-odd yr old solderers... what we save in per-unit production using "younger" workforce, we then lose when it has to go back thru the line or be refinished due to lower quality... hence we maintain an older, more skilled, more experienced, more dependable and more reliable workforce. The youngsters don't care about their work half as much as the (affectionately named) grumpy old geezers... who are mainly grumpy at having to bail the youngsters outta the crap. That's been observed as a familiar trend over more than a decade of heatercore production in the automotive industry.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Can I offer you a good meal the next time you find yourself in the New hampshire area?
    That is of course if I'm not so decrepid by then that I can't lift the pots to the stove and altzheimers prevents me from remembering the recipes.
    man! New Hampshire...
    I would love to go back there for a visit. My wife was born in Portland Maine and we lived there for a good many years. While stationed at Brunswick, I did alot of bike riding (motorcyle) around New England (before marriage) and that's some seriously georgous country. Been to the top of the White Mountians and looked down on the silvery blankets of clouds.
    I sure miss that area, but it would hurt now to go back since she died a year ago and always wanted to go back to Maine and see the light houses again.

thx for that offer movieman...consider your hospitality taken up...in spirit!
    Last edited by JeffnWV; 05-14-2007 at 03:00 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    well crap..seems like Sin-Etsu was not real helpful

Marci...I hope i did not offend anyone..I was j/king....

I realize there are distribution channels on these Rads......

My sincere apologies for not making my joking more clear.....
    My Heat
    i5 2500k @4.5ghz Raystorm
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 16gb(4x4) G.Skill PC12800 Ripjaws X
    x1900xt MCW60
    Rad: Thermochill PA120.3 3YL SL/ Pump: DDC2 w/ Petra's top 7/16in ID masterkleer
    Corsair 120gb Force GT SSD/ 1TB WD Black Caviar SATA
    X-Fi music/SH-203B/H62L/LH-20A1L
    Corsair HX620w /Acer AL2223W/modded TJ07

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffnWV View Post
    man! New Hampshire...
    I would love to go back there for a visit. My wife was born in Portland Maine and we lived there for a good many years. While stationed at Brunswick, I did alot of bike riding (motorcyle) around New England (before marriage) and that's some seriously georgous country. Been to the top of the White Mountians and looked down on the silvery blankets of clouds.
    I sure miss that area, but it would hurt now to go back since she died a year ago and always wanted to go back to Maine and see the light houses again.

thx for that offer movieman...consider your hospitality taken up...in spirit!
    My condolences on the loss of your wife.
    The offer stands. If your ever coming up this way shoot me a PM and there will be a good dinner waiting you and hopefully some good conversation as well.

Banned
    now now Pete, your statement regarding old people goes both way.

older more experience people tend to do their jobs better than younger inexperience "i wanna shortcut my job hope the boss doesnt notice" people...

i am 30, employing 40+ nearing 50+ workforce, true sometimes they get out of line, but 95% they'll get back in line because its the only job they know how to do best.

Egyptian OverClocker
    for everyone who ordered a PA from petra please be sure to show ur setups when u finish it
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Hamster Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by Marci View Post
    Productivity & quality of work done by our 50+yr old solderers far exceeds that of our 20-odd yr old solderers... what we save in per-unit production using "younger" workforce, we then lose when it has to go back thru the line or be refinished due to lower quality... hence we maintain an older, more skilled, more experienced, more dependable and more reliable workforce. The youngsters don't care about their work half as much as the (affectionately named) grumpy old geezers... who are mainly grumpy at having to bail the youngsters outta the crap. That's been observed as a familiar trend over more than a decade of heatercore production in the automotive industry.
    A lot of young people need to really enjoy this time in their life as they will never be this smart again.

I am Fifty-Three and I can out solder most. Thirty years as a HVAC tech with twenty as a Master HVAC tech.
    Last edited by SiGfever; 05-20-2007 at 03:41 PM.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Enthusiast
    damn those sold out fast, now ill have to wait for Alex to get some more in
    Media PC:[AMD x2 4800][MSI K9N-SLI][2x1gig Corsair DDR2 800][ATI 3650 AIW][Asus Xonar D2X][500gig Samsung SATA][Crap Antec Case and PSU]

Egyptian OverClocker
    Quote Originally Posted by p8ntslinger676 View Post
    damn those sold out fast, now ill have to wait for Alex to get some more in
    hope it will be in ur lifetime

lol
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Xtreme Cruncher
    well im 20... i dont work but some weeks ago i was working with metal and solder and i can tell you my best friend is good at it he is 20 too studing mechanical engineer and he loves to work with metal cant match the master solder from the university we go... the old man is like 65 years old and i can assure no damn machine can solder like him.... 2 20 years guys studing engineer couldnt solve some drawing problems we had in the project we were working on it and that man with 65 years a grandpa if you want did it in 5 min lol

never understimate experience... (there is a expression here the devil knows more for being old than for being the devil...)
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Cruncher
    Ah SiGfever you talkin to me?
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - Core i5 2410m, 4gb
    waiting on 28nm video cards...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12