Thread: Asus P5K Bearlake P35 chipset motherboard >> TESTING LATEST INTEL CHIPSET

Threaded View

Xtreme Legend

Cool Asus P5K Bearlake P35 (vanilla) chipset motherboard >> TESTING LATEST INTEL CHIPSET

Hey boys

Yeap this is the chipset that replaces P965 and will bring DDR2 and DDR3 RAM to desktops alongside ICH9

heeeeeere we go

TEST Gear:
    Asus P5K (vanilla) Motherboard P35 CHIPSET >> Bios 0202
    2GB Corsair PC8500 Dominator Kit
    2GB Corsair PC10000 Dominator Kit
    Intel E6300ES L617A Step5 B1 CPU
    Intel E6600 B2 L629F122 CPU
    Stock Intel Cooler
    Corsair Nautilus 500 Water
    6GB+60GB IDE Drives
    80GB SATA1 Drive
    Matrox Millenium PCI GFX
    Silverstone 560W SLI PSU
    Corsair 620W HX620 PSU

just installed windows....will do some tests soon

RIG SETUP

Used these settings for windows install

Notes:
    • Board wouldn't start straight away .... errrrrr doesn't like bends much but all sorted heh
    • Bios is good.......most settings necessary for tweaking are in one place now
    • Asus is getting serious about overclocking even with Vanilla >>> some of the bios options are great >>>>
    • VDIMM MAX: 2.55v >>>> VCORE MAX: 1.7v >>>>> VMCH: 1.7v >>>>> Some new adjustments :S have to figure out what they are
    • NEED PENCIL MODS FOR VCORE >>>>>> DROOP IS TERRIBLE >>>>> BIOS SET 1.6V >> Windows Idle 1.55V >> Windows Load 1.48V
    • It overclocks great >>> Reached the FSB limit on my CPU i have with two other Asus P5B Deluxe motherbards >>> E6600 520MHz FSB benchable 32M SuperPI >>> NICE!
    • Board feels stable.............ran some quick orthos but will do some longer runs when i get time of course
    • Have to test SuperPI performance properly as my first install was kind of funky and Pi times were bad as per next lot of screenshots >>> reinstalled windows on a different drive and it feels much better.......
    • RAM tests are next to see what maxes I can reach >>> PC10000 Dominators are up next
    • I put my E6300 CPU in there as memtest can detect bandwidth properly >>> I will try to find strap changes with it to see whether we are in 1066 or 1333 and when the changes are occuring
    • I plan on testing all the RAM ratios as well to see what maxes i get from RAM and how they impact on performance >>> it seems from first glance that Asus has finally resolved the 4:5 ratio as i've never been able to run 500MHz 4-4-4-4....anyways this is something i have to test
    • Seems that the temp controller is borked lol but the value seems to coincide with Coretemp once you take off 200 off the temp reported >>> looks like it needs an adjustment there >>>> if you look at the above screenshot you'll see 242C from Asus and 42C from Coretemp >>> it tends to change with it and not just coincidence hence ~256C >> showing as 56C in coretemp
    • Hopefully someone can point me to vcore, vdimm, vMCH measurement points too
    • Would be nice to have SetFSB or clockgen working with this mobo >>> CPUz 1.4 works like a charm
    Last edited by dinos22; 05-30-2007 at 12:46 AM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?