Thread: New E6600 batches, post your Overclock

Threaded View

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sofarfrome View Post
    I just lapped mine from Tankguys and am currently running orthos small ffts at 3.81GHz with 1.37vcore at 44C. This is a very nice chip. Once I get some info I will post some screenies.

The temps you see very well could be real. That is where I was before I lapped the IHS. Now it is running quite cool.
    The temps can't be correct because my old chip would be loaded at around 50C and the IHS would be 40C. This chip A) loaded is reporting 62C and the IHS is actually 34C and B) it probably wouldn't be stable at this temp and voltage if the temp were correct. I guess the IHS could be making poor contact with the die but i lapped the IHS and I know the IHS is making great contact with the waterblock.

On a different note, you seem to be seeing similar volt/mhz correlations I am. I am also priming at 3.8ghz with around 1.37-1.38V. Let me what you get your chip up to.
    Last edited by babalouj; 05-16-2007 at 03:06 PM.
    **Georgia Tech Grad, I am an Electrical Engineer with a specialization in RF IC design and Analog circuits.**

Intel I7 3770K Delidded
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    2x4gb Gskill 7-8-7-16
    EVGA GTX680 Signature OC
    Crucial M4 256gb
    Seasonic X-750
    Watercooling Loop: Raystorm Acetal, EK GTX580 Full Cover, MCR420, MCR320, MCP35X2 & 7 x AP-15 Gentle Typhoons

Heatware: gte460z