Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DFI roadmap through Q4 2007

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by doompc View Post
    Could you post the slides of: Infinity P35 T3, LanParty MCP72 and Infinity MCP72 ?
    I posted all the slides in the powerpoint minus the overview slides (Just platform and available chipsets) and P965 slides, because we already have approx 29,600 threads on it.

To clear things up though, the Infinity P35 T3 is obviously the INF P35 T2, except with DDR3 support. I imagine nothing else will drastically change, just like the X38 T2/T3.

Lan Party/Infinity MCP72 are more than likely approx the same specs as the Intel 680/650 boards, but allowing for AM2+ specs since it's an AMD chipset plus pci-e 2.0. Specs for that chipset are in one of my earlier posts. Just take the Infinity/LP specs (6 vs 8 phase, etc) that are on both the INF vs LP P35 and 680/650, note the differences between the 680 and 650, change the specs to that of MCP72, and you can pretty much deduce what I think they'll be.

I agree btw...While that P965 board looks sweet, screw it with P35 so close. That's why I had to see if they were coming soon, or would be delayed like their past boards making an intermediate jump to 965 worth it. Signs point to P35 coming along ok, so I, for one, will be waiting it out so I can drop in a wolfdale/yorkfield later on without having to switch boards. I'm lazy like that.
    Last edited by turtle; 04-04-2007 at 10:58 AM.
    That is all.

Peace and love.

Xtreme Mentor
    what is P35 ?
    ASUS P5K-E // E8400 Q746A519
    G.Skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ
    LC 550W GP// XPERTVISION 9600GT

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TEDY View Post
    what is P35 ?
    Its the successor to Intel 975-965 chipsets

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TEDY View Post
    what is P35 ?
    P35 is the successor to P965 (1x16 slot, and 1x4 slot)
    Official 1333 FSB support (yay, 1333 strap)
    Adds PCI-E 2.0 and a couple USB ports.
    45nm cpu support where-as P965/975's compatibility is uncertain.
    DDR2-800 and DDR3-1066 memory support (boards specific, but both are supported by MCH)
    Uses ICH9(R) southbridge, with whatever goodies/improvements that holds over ICH8(R).

It's essentially X38's little brother. X38 is the successor to 975x with the above improvements along with 2x16 and apparently 1x4 slots.

Boards from some companies are expected as early as late this month or early next. Intel plans to launch them at Computex at the beginning of June. So if DFI actually sticks to their schedule, they might actually be on time for release with the other companies.
    Last edited by turtle; 04-04-2007 at 12:01 PM.
    That is all.

Peace and love.

Xtreme Guru
    Thanks for clarifying Turtle.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanten View Post
    Make sure to add 4 months to each one, as dictated by DFI protocol.
    was about to ask if this riamdap takes into account the dfi default delay?

on a serious note: what about 1600fsb?

Xtreme Addict
    The new Intel chipsets support Penryn, and Penryn is supposedly 1600fsb, so I imagine they must support it (perhaps through a bios update if not from the start?). It's not on any roadmaps I've seen for the chipset, but either is Penryn being 1600...Only seen that at Teh Inq.

In all seriousness though, I don't see how that'd be a problem. If the circuitry of p965/975x boards allows for penryn, even it shouldn't have a problem. They can all hit 400FSB can't they? Couldn't it be done through a bios update easily on those boards as well?
    Last edited by turtle; 04-04-2007 at 02:55 PM.
    That is all.

Peace and love.

Xtreme Member
    What I am wondering is if they will release a board that has support for both DDR3 and DDR2, like the upcoming MSI P35 Platinum D3 that was on show at Cebit.
    I'm not going to use all 4 memory-slots, so why don't they make a P35 or X38 LanParty / Infinity with support for both (so 2 slots DDR2 and 2 slots DDR3) instead of making one for DDR3 and one for DDR2.
    It just doesn't make any sense, I want support for both on 1 board!
    Last edited by L1m1t.NL; 04-05-2007 at 12:17 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by L1m1t.NL View Post
    What I am wondering is if they will release a board that has support for both DDR3 and DDR2, like the upcoming MSI P35 Platinum D3 that was on show at Cebit.
    I'm not going to use all 4 memory-slots, so why don't they make a P35 or X38 LanParty / Infinity with support for both (so 2 slots DDR2 and 2 slots DDR3) instead of making one for DDR3 and one for DDR2.
    It just doesn't make any sense, I want support for both on 1 board!
    Why? In my opinion, if you have a heavy investment in DDR2, you are going to want to max-out the life span of it and by the time you have exhausted it and are ready to make the jump to DDR3, there will likely be all kinds of other reasons to upgrade your motherboard as well.

Although hybrid boards sound good and may make some people feel better about the migration, in the end, I can't imagine many people making the switch without a whole-sale platform change.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualrain View Post
    Why? In my opinion, if you have a heavy investment in DDR2, you are going to want to max-out the life span of it and by the time you have exhausted it and are ready to make the jump to DDR3, there will likely be all kinds of other reasons to upgrade your motherboard as well.

Although hybrid boards sound good and may make some people feel better about the migration, in the end, I can't imagine many people making the switch without a whole-sale platform change.

I agree, yet I don't. One's things for sure, DFI seems to agree with you.

I plan on going 4x1gb DDR2 when I make the jump, but I could surely see some people that may want to go 2x1gb DDR2 now, and 2x2GB DDR3 in the future, and a board like that could be one more incentive for grabbing p35 and not having to change platforms or motherboards until post-penryn.
    That is all.

Peace and love.

Xtreme Legend
    DFI has January TWICE A YEAR ROFL
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    DFI has January TWICE A YEAR ROFL
    LOL! Problem is, that when they say they are going to deliver something in January, it's more like January only comes in leap years!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    I agree, yet I don't. One's things for sure, DFI seems to agree with you.

I plan on going 4x1gb DDR2 when I make the jump, but I could surely see some people that may want to go 2x1gb DDR2 now, and 2x2GB DDR3 in the future, and a board like that could be one more incentive for grabbing p35 and not having to change platforms or motherboards until post-penryn.
    Why not get a P35 board and 4GB of DDR3 right out of the gate? It will cost you an arm and a leg, but the 4GB of DDR2 will cost you an arm anyway, and by the time you are ready to upgrade, it will still cost a leg for the DDR3 so why not get the surgery over with now?

You and I are probably in a similar situation (runing DDR right now?)... if so, don't you think it's worth waiting and skipping DDR2 altogether?

It's either that, or invest in Q6600 and DDR2 now and then be one of the last to adopt DDR3 instead of one of the first. Those are my only two choices really.
    Last edited by virtualrain; 04-05-2007 at 10:55 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Grave digging but are there any news on the release date of Dfi Lanparty X38-t3r? Shoukd be next month according to the early schedule.
    Testing Rig
    Lian Li PC-S80
    Enermax Liberty 620W
    Asus P5K
    Conroe E6600
    2Gb OCZ PC8500 - @650 Club
    BFG 8800GTS 320Mb
    2xSamsung 80Gb SATA II Raid 0
    1xSeagate 320Gb SATA II 16Mb
    Pioneer DVR 110-D
    Water Cooled (MCP655-Storm-Maze4gpu-BIX-1/2tubing)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12