Thread: X6800 on fire - 5,1 GHz+ on SS

symphy

X6800 on fire - 5,1 GHz+ on SS

Heyho...

I hope you all remember the insane SS piotres build for our team the last year: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=121841

Well, we are now preparing everything for the presentation at a well known expo here at Germany and due to this we haven't much time to play with the toys...

But i got bored this morning (holidays...), picked a P5W and my sweet X68 ES and mounted the SS...

First of all, i should have published some results with this insane unit earlier, but i really haven't much time beside real OC sessions...

SYSTEM SPECS:
    P5W DH rev. 1.04 fully modded
    2 * 512 MB Centon Fatbody D9
    X6800 ES Vcore = 1,912 V (real)
    LEY NTPS 450W PSU
    Sapphire X300
    Win XP SP2
    2,5 HP Rotarypower; Temp @ Evap = from -68,5 to -74 °C

Both cores enabled!

About Validation: I can't open CPU-Z 1.39 and Clockgen at the same time, Windows says me: Can't init. drivers... CPU-Z loads without all infos and without refreshing (when clockgen is running) and Clockgen does not load (when CPU-Z is running) Same on Win2003. No idea. I will reinstall Windows this weekend, but not now . This score took me (with installing the system) less than 2 hours, nothing serious, but this thread exists now, and i've already seen more MHz with this unit screenstable - if you what i mean... More to come before CeB... erh, the Expo.

Don't blame me please for CPU-Z, i will validate the score as soon as possible. Then we can talk about SS WRs .

Greetings
    Last edited by symphy; 02-16-2007 at 06:18 AM.

approaching aphelion
    Very nice!

What stepping is it?
    Best Regards,
    Xavier

"I prefer to fly alone... when alone, I perform those little coups of audacity which amuse me..." Col. René Fonck (1894-1953), the Ace of Aces.

symphy
    Merci

QPHV

@before: Is the P5B capable of disabling one core? Saw your score right now... not bad for that "low" voltage.
    Last edited by symphy; 02-16-2007 at 06:19 AM.

Xtreme Member
    nice
    celeron!!

Xtreme Member
    nice m8te you guys should be prepared for next weekend... that cpu will rock heavy
    I love Extreme Overclocking

INTEL inside
    awesome for single stage

you got a pic of your setup and SS ?
    retired computer enthusiast

symphy
    No... no picture from today.

Even if the unit is build very clean, my setup is... some kind of ghetto. (And stands at my bedroom... my girlfriend screamed when she saw that red beast)

I will post pics of the setup 2morrow...

Thanks for the nice comment .

Xtreme Member
    i was havin problems with clockgen and cpuz today as well. same versions. they better fix it up!

symphy
    Quote Originally Posted by G3n3R@1
    i was havin problems with clockgen and cpuz today as well. same versions. they better fix it up!
    Goot to know that i'm not the only one. Please report if you should have a solution... I found nothing about it here at xs or anywhere else...

Xtreme Addict
    Great OC! That single-stage is only a bit warmer than dry ice too!

approaching aphelion
    Quote Originally Posted by symphy
    Goot to know that i'm not the only one. Please report if you should have a solution... I found nothing about it here at xs or anywhere else...
    In order to use a single core only, you have to add /numproc=1 to the boot.ini command line. You can open the C:\boot.ini file or set it thx to msconfig.

As for the bug between CPU-Z 1.39 and clockgen, just don't use clockgen but setfsb...
    Best Regards,
    Xavier

"I prefer to fly alone... when alone, I perform those little coups of audacity which amuse me..." Col. René Fonck (1894-1953), the Ace of Aces.

Xtreme Legend
    About Validation: I can't open CPU-Z 1.39 and Clockgen at the same time, Windows says me: Can't init. drivers... CPU-Z loads without all infos and without refreshing (when clockgen is running) and Clockgen does not load (when CPU-Z is running) Same on Win2003. No idea. I will reinstall Windows this weekend, but not now . This score took me (with installing the system) less than 2 hours, nothing serious, but this thread exists now, and i've already seen more MHz with this unit screenstable - if you what i mean... More to come before CeB... erh, the Expo.

Don't blame me please for CPU-Z, i will validate the score as soon as possible. Then we can talk about SS WRs .

Greetings
    setFSB will be a bit more stable than clockgen matey

i can't believe you are still :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: footing around with that monster CPU....where is LN2 man
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

approaching aphelion
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22
    i can't believe you are still :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: footing around with that monster CPU....where is LN2 man
    Best Regards,
    Xavier

Xtreme Member
    Thats a killer cpu for sure! Incredible results symphy. Will you use a cascade cooler during Cebit?

-100c Club Member
    Really nice chip there, what is max for SPI or 3D on that chip wuth that cooling?

regards
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Work: LittleDevil's SS Cases, LittleDevil's SS Worklog, LD CPU-R1 Dice/LN² Pots, LD GFX-R1 Dice/LN² Pots,
    LittleDevil LD PC-V10, LittleDevil's K-Type Temp Display, |EMAIL: ldphasechange@gmail.com

LD PC-V8 Watercooling Cases:
    LINK

LD PC-V8 ATX/HPTX Watercoolig PC case with 10 expansion slots: LINK NEW!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Insane on S, but what a monster SS

WE WANTS SOME TESTRESULTS

symphy
    Quote Originally Posted by before
    In order to use a single core only, you have to add /numproc=1 to the boot.ini command line. You can open the C:\boot.ini file or set it thx to msconfig.

As for the bug between CPU-Z 1.39 and clockgen, just don't use clockgen but setfsb...
    I know that trick with numproc 1, but i think that will not allow a higher oc...

SETFSB seems to be a good idea, i will try this in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by dinos22
    setFSB will be a bit more stable than clockgen matey

We had a LN2 session, but our first with coldbugged CPUs. Dothan was much easier to clock with LN2 .

Xtasy will be here from tuesday to saturday, so imagine the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by C3
    Thats a killer cpu for sure! Incredible results symphy. Will you use a cascade cooler during Cebit?
    Sure. Not only one , and not only cascade.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil
    Really nice chip there, what is max for SPI or 3D on that chip wuth that cooling?

regards
    We managed SPi at around 4950 MHz and 3d06 at 4800. Evap is not getting hotter during the benches, but the difference between Tevap and Tcore raises.

//Edit: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=169323

Validation works at least now... at my laptop. SetFSB + CPU-Z isnt a problem. I will power the unit on now... Wish me luck
    Last edited by symphy; 02-17-2007 at 08:32 AM.

Yeah, nice symphy.
    At least, i wanna see 5,2

Admin
    Damn, I once said that 5 GHz was impossible on single stage several months ago, gotta bite my words, awesome work!

Xtreme Member
    well everything is organized... there are several cpus which are waiting to be cooled :P i cant wait until tuesday ^^. someone special is making a new special unit for us...
    Last edited by Xtasy; 02-17-2007 at 11:28 AM.
    I love Extreme Overclocking

symphy
    All up to 5,1 is so easy, after that line you've to fight for every single MHz. Got 393*13 validated, but the compressor is hot like fire (-0,9/19 ... love CPEVs )
    I'm at ~ 1,928 V, right under the point where the OVP makes the funny game end... Damn, poor chip.
    I will try to get the 400*13 in half an hour when everything is cool again...

Piotres, don't be angry with me when i install another 230V fan at the side of the case...

Quote Originally Posted by Xtasy
    well everything is organized... there are several cpus which are waiting to be cooled :P i cant wait until tuesday ^^. someone special is making a new special unit for us...
    Last edited by symphy; 02-17-2007 at 11:47 AM.

Phenom™
    SYSTEM SPECS:
    P5W DH rev. 1.04 fully modded
    2 * 512 MB Centon Fatbody D9
    X6800 ES Vcore = 1,912 V (real)
    LEY NTPS 450W PSU
    Sapphire X300
    Win XP SP2
    2,5 HP Rotarypower; Temp @ Evap = from -68,5 to -74 °C
    Congrats on an getting to 5g! LOL....2.5HP Single Stage - that's more HP than 10 Mach2 Units combined

Xtreme Member
    very nice chip

Very, very nice. Good job.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.