Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Micron Original D9 deals.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexio
    Confirmed D9:
    http://www.memory4less.com/m4l_itemd...ected=overview (D9DQT according to the part number, it's probably newer like D9GMH)
    I just talked to "Memory4Less", they told me this is no longer in stock.
    Last edited by bofors; 01-10-2007 at 10:43 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bofors
    can you ask them what do they have in 1GB sticks that is D9GKX or D9GMH we will need large numbers if they have it

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nicepun
    You can't go wrong with the Crucial Ballistix PC2 1000 CL5. Afterall, Crucial is owned by Micron.
    The price on this at NewEgg just went up: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820146563
    Last edited by bofors; 01-10-2007 at 10:51 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper
    can you ask them what do they have in 1GB sticks that is D9GKX or D9GMH we will need large numbers if they have it
    The guy I was talking to was an idiot. He started asking me what kind of a system I wanted to upgrade and such. I mean, he would not know a D9 from a K-9 (canine).

I think what we want to do here is find some Micron RAM dealer who is willing to work with us in exchange for some group orders and some free promotion in the forum. I mean, we should probably be thinking a little more long term here, because this is going to take some time to step. We want to periodically tell someone to order lots of very specific RAM products and provide them with a large pool of overclockers (XS members) who are certain to order it, especially if it is discounted.
    Last edited by bofors; 01-10-2007 at 10:51 AM.

Love and Peace!
    Sorry for everybody that bought the 256mb part from compumusic, it is actually D9GMG, but for the price it's still nice.
    just a clarification on this point.. in theory, GMG should clock better than GMH. same ic revision, just 32x16 config instead of 64x8. the smaller cells should clock a bit better. i've gotten that stick of value bin GMG over 600mhz at 5-5-4 pretty easily
    Got a fan over those memory sticks? No? Well get to it before you kill them

The Blue Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzimark
    just a clarification on this point.. in theory, GMG should clock better than GMH. same ic revision, just 32x16 config instead of 64x8. the smaller cells should clock a bit better. i've gotten that stick of value bin GMG over 600mhz at 5-5-4 pretty easily
    Indeed that's true. That's why I'm not so keen on the new double density E revision. I think D9GMH is probably better on average.

I'm still awaiting the response from compumusic. How long can it take to contact their distributor? If it takes much longer I will contact another store.

Again the question: What do you guys want to buy? You like the handpicking idea with the 3 categories: Handpicked, unbinned and failed ???
    Blue Dolphin Reviews & Guides

Blue Reviews:
    Gigabyte G-Power PRO CPU cooler
    Vantec Nexstar 3.5" external HDD enclosure
    Gigabyte Poseidon 310 case

Blue Guides:
    Fixing a GFX BIOS checksum yourself

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.

Xtreme Legend
    Alexio

this is what we should be doing.....and trying to get D9GKX

I think what we want to do here is find some Micron RAM dealer who is willing to work with us in exchange for some group orders and some free promotion in the forum. I mean, we should probably be thinking a little more long term here, because this is going to take some time to step. We want to periodically tell someone to order lots of very specific RAM products and provide them with a large pool of overclockers (XS members) who are certain to order it, especially if it is discounted.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Hardware Junkie
    The price on this at NewEgg just went up: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820146563

ChiefValue, which belongs to Newegg, still has them for $309+Shipping But last week, Newegg had them @ 309.99+Shipping and ChiefValue has them for 299.00 shipped, then suddently ChiefValue's went up to match Newegg's so don't be suprised if ChiefValue raises the price to match Newegg's again.

I though prices are supposed to come down. It doesn't look like it to me.
    "You'll find happiness once you accept the inevitable or at least you won't be too pissed off" -- Me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Blue Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22
    Alexio

this is what we should be doing.....and trying to get D9GKX

I'll contact FUGGER about this. However I'm afraid the XS website might scare them off, because we are extreme overclockers

D9GKX is not an option. Unbinned D9GKX can never go cheaper than $450 for a 2GB kit even if the distributor and store make zero profit. This is because the part is $14+ per IC.

Micron is switching to the new E revision and they are dropping parts. GKX is hardly available anymore and it's more expensive than ever. There are two option now:
    1.) Wait for the new E revision with double density.
    2.) Try to get the last supplies of D9GMH and D9GCT.

The new E revision may be a little cheaper in a while, but I doubt it will clock as good as revision D. I vote for buying D9GMH and D9GCT parts. Handpicked D9GMH and even D9GCT can be as good as GKX and it's much more cost effective. Certainly because I basically do the handpicking part for free. I plan to handpick the parts at 2.3v and keep 2 pieces of every part myself. That's my only win in this.

*EDIT* PM has been send to FUGGER, let's wait and see.
    Last edited by alexio; 01-10-2007 at 03:38 PM.

Blue Reviews:

Blue Guides:

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nicepun
    ChiefValue, which belongs to Newegg, still has them for $309+Shipping But last week, Newegg had them @ 309.99+Shipping and ChiefValue has them for 299.00 shipped, then suddently ChiefValue's went up to match Newegg's so don't be suprised if ChiefValue raises the price to match Newegg's again.
    Thanks for pointing ChiefValue out (again). I need to remember to check there in the future.

I though prices are supposed to come down. It doesn't look like it to me.
    Yes, thought we would see some drops too, I guess holiday sales must have been good. I am hardly thrilled about buying RAM now. But overall the computer market seems pretty stable, so I can not point my finger at the dirty RAM industry yet.
    Last edited by bofors; 01-10-2007 at 03:55 PM.

Xtreme Member

Question

Was thinking about the:
    http://store.memory4less.net/kvr800d2n5-1g.html
    are you 100% its the D9GKX type D9?
    if its not what could it be?

The Blue Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by d50man
    Was thinking about the:
    http://store.memory4less.net/kvr800d2n5-1g.html
    are you 100% its the D9GKX type D9?
    if its not what could it be?
    It's probably not, and it's very possible it isn't even Micron. I just said that on the 1st of november 2006 it was D9GKX. You can ask the store to look at the chips and if you're very very lucky it is GKX. And that's when the ICs aren't overwritten with a Kingston code. I don't think Kingston normally overwrites their ICs though.

Blue Reviews:

Blue Guides:

Xtreme Legend
    It's probably not, and it's very possible it isn't even Micron. I just said that on the 1st of november 2006 it was D9GKX. You can ask the store to look at the chips and if you're very very lucky it is GKX. And that's when the ICs aren't overwritten with a Kingston code. I don't think Kingston normally overwrites their ICs though.
    they do
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

How about we get all the people here willing to do a group buy and what size module you would want and most you would pay and what level of handpicking you would like to receieve.

Quote of the century
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle 1
    The inquirer gets things wrong but they are right 90% of the time.

Xtreme Member
    Again the question: What do you guys want to buy? You like the handpicking idea with the 3 categories: Handpicked, unbinned and failed ???
    I am in the market for 1GB DDR2 sticks. I can buy currently good 1GB Elpidia DIMMs (Corsair ValueSelect) for about $105 each. I have had no problems running these at DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 @ 2.2V on BadAxe1/2 motherboards. Basically, I am looking for a deal on RAM that can do DDR2-800 3-3-3-X. I might be interested in the "failed" category. I certainly do not need nor want to pay for the best, "handpicked" sticks. RAM that fails at higher frequencies might be fine for me. In the current market, I am perpared to pay about $125 per 1GB stick. I am not looking for much now, say 4 x 1GB at most, but I may be buying up to 20 GB more this year.

On a related note, I will likely be buying three "Xeon" branded Kentsfields next quater (when the prices become reasonable), but perhaps sooner and as many as 10 this year. Likewise, I may be buying some 10 more BadAxe2 boards this year and will also cases, PSUs, heatsinks, etc. to go with them. On the other hand, I will also be selling my three "Xeon" Conroe 3060's and perhaps some BadAxe1 boards, when I switch to Kentsfields. This hardware is tested and can readily be assigned to bins. My point here is that I, like many people here, purchase much more hardware than the typical NewEgg customer, yet we do not a get break on the price. Moreover, we also have tested hardware for sale on a regular basis. I know that eBay, Heatware and even the XS forum deal with some of these issues, but it seems like it might be possible for someone to do it better.

One more thing... I have a set of Crucial Ballistix PC2-8000 2 x 1GB that I picked up on sale from NewEgg in November. I have had no problem running these at DDR2-800 3-3-3-4 @ 2.2V and have not even tried lower voltages yet. Others have suggested that this set might be of "handpicked" quality, if they indeed are, then I would consider selling them at whatever the top bin market price is.
    Last edited by bofors; 01-10-2007 at 09:21 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    DQT=fatbody

they love volts

Xtreme Mentor
    it's actually older and no longer produced. It's based ona larger manufacturing process, but still OCs dang well and is more volt resistant.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    why not approach a company like G.skill, cellshock or team and ask them if they can give us 2gb kits of GKX at a reasonable price

Hardware Junkie
    Thanks for pointing ChiefValue out (again). I need to remember to check there in the future.

Yes, thought we would see some drops too, I guess holiday sales must have been good. I am hardly thrilled about buying RAM now. But overall the computer market seems pretty stable, so I can not point my finger at the dirty RAM industry yet.

And the price is the same now.
    "You'll find happiness once you accept the inevitable or at least you won't be too pissed off" -- Me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...Search+Froogle

That is D9GKX. CT2KIT12864AA80E is a D9GKX part direct from Micron. PC2-6400 C5 @ 1.8v.

The Blue Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoxxy
    http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...Search+Froogle

That is D9GKX. CT2KIT12864AA80E is a D9GKX part direct from Micron. PC2-6400 C5 @ 1.8v.
    Problem is, they all say "Crucial". They could be using the same part numbering system as Micron, but you could still get other chips. Maybe ones that failed the Ballistix and Tracer specs, or pumped-up D9GCT.

If Plain Crucial PC6400 is indeed unbinned D9GKX it would be the buy of the century. Seeing the price however I have my doubts

*EDIT* My suspicion was right. Look here at the Micron PC2-5300 part: http://ramlist.ath.cx/ddr2/
    CT12864AA667:
    Elpida AG-6E-E
    Micron D9DCN (CB-37E)
    Micron D9GMH (B6-3)

This means they not only put lower speed grade ICs on them, but even ICs from Elpida.
    Last edited by alexio; 01-11-2007 at 10:53 AM.

Blue Reviews:

Blue Guides:

The Blue Dolphin
    I think it's time for a little update. The distributor of compumusic couldn't get these parts from Micron:
    MT8HTF6464AY-53E (PC2-4200/512MB/single-sided)
    MT8HTF6464AY-667 (PC2-5300/512MB/single-sided)
    MT16HTF12864AY-667 (PC2-5300/1GB/double-sided)

This yet again confirms my suspicion that Micron is switching to the E revision and it's not really going smooth. I asked my contact at compumusic if he could look at the ICs of all non-heatspreader memory and see if he could find some D9. Maybe I scared him away with this, maybe he's busy with it and will report back later

I'm trying to get the Micron now true another channel, which I won't name until I get notification from them* on availability.

*them can also be read as: he, her and it
    Last edited by alexio; 01-11-2007 at 11:07 AM.

Blue Reviews:

Blue Guides:

Xtreme Cruncher
    I own that set alexio. It is D9GKX . It says Micron on the sticker witha Crucial sticker on another part of the dimm. 1.8v CAS 5 PC2-6400.

It is also what Dell was using in their XPS line when they offered DDR2-800 (which is now gone, as D9GKX is very low).

It's a $400 set from Micron/Crucial. The sets that retailer has are probably left over from when it was a $300 set...
    Last edited by Yoxxy; 01-11-2007 at 12:21 PM.

Hardware Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoxxy
    I own that set alexio. It is D9GKX . It says Micron on the sticker witha Crucial sticker on another part of the dimm. 1.8v CAS 5 PC2-6400.

It is also what Dell was using in their XPS line when they offered DDR2-800 (which is now gone, as D9GKX is very low).
    How well do they OC?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    500 4-4-4-12 @ 2.2

Retail price on them is only $20 less then the PC2-6400 Crucials. Those stores just have the old pricing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast