Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Thread: XSOS V3.0 Teaser Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander
    So far, the only people who seem to be out and out flaming/name-calling over the last few pages are ndave and yourself. Feel free to cease doing so at any time.
    Sorry it upset me when someone attacks someone else trying to do something good.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtwarrior
    Sorry it upset me when someone attacks someone else trying to do something good.
    ndave is the only person directly attacking, the rest have been reasonably reasonable in their questioning. Don't compound the issue by attacking back.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NeXaR
    Interesting that you do take into account the postcount here. So, for you, an opinion of a 3 thousand poster is more worthy than, say, mine. Well. To me, it may mean that he/she has more free time than me, for example. And, BTW, if that is to be taken into account, then nn_step word must be God word, just by looking at his post count
    That's not what se said - you're distorting what he said. Speedlander didn't say that someone with low postcount is always automatically somehow worse thant people with high number of posts. He just said what he had observed about general tendencies of people with low/high post count, and his observations are valid.
    Last edited by Cuthalu; 02-13-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Interesting that you do take into account the postcount here. So, for you, an opinion of a 3 thousand poster is more worthy than, say, mine. Well. To me, it may mean that he/she has more free time than me, for example. And, BTW, if that is to be taken into account, then nn_step word must be God word, just by looking at his post count
    Actually you should try to read what you quote when you respond. Note I observed one type of behavior vs. another type of behavior. I made no comment whatsoever regarding the "worthiness" of a poster as a function of their post count.

Let's not drag this any more off topic. If you want to continue the post count discussion feel free to PM me. Otherwise let it go. Thanks.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Dave the friendly moderator steps in..
    hey guys, let it go..It's been talked to death. From all we know nn_step is totally legit and just a dedicated guy and wants to make this work for all of us.
    Now as to post count, I had mine zeroed at 3000 when someone brought up that subject..Post count means crap, at least to me..
    How about back to the subject, discussing pro's and con's and anything someone observed that needs a patch or a fix or maybe a good old fashioned "Thank's nn_step for your work"
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Under your bed. No, seriously, take a look.
    Well, sorry to you all folks
    @Speederlander
    True, I misread it. I'm sorry for that. Must be that it's nearly 3 AM now. I need to sleep xD

And BTW nn, let us know how well was the first beta testing, please. I'm asking no details, only a plain "it's looking good", "could've been better", "has more bugs than WinME"... :P whatever
    Last edited by NeXaR; 02-13-2007 at 05:59 PM.
    "Death is so sure of winning its race against us that she give us all our lifetime as an advantage"

Rig #1 "Core2Quadra"
    Asus P5E
    Intel Core2Quad Q6600
    2x2Gb Corsair Dominator DDR2
    XFX GeForce 285GTX
    XFX GeForce 8800GTX (Physx and Triplehead Support)
    Intel X-25M G2 80Gb
    2xWD Caviar Blue 1Tb each (RAID 0)
    AeroCool 750Horse Power
    Coolermaster Cosmos S case
    Cooling: all internal Dual Water Loop
    CPU Loop: Swiftech MCR Drive + D-Tek Fuzion v2
    GPUs Loop: Swiftech MCR320QP, MCP355, EK-Res, EK FC285GTX, D-Tek Fuzion GPU
    EK & BitsPower fittings & Primochill Pro Black tubing

Xtreme Mentor
    @Speederlander
    True, I misread it. I'm sorry for that. Must be that it's nearly 3 AM now. I need to sleep xD
    No problem.

YouTube Addict
    @Speederlander

And BTW nn, let us know how well was the first beta testing, please. I'm asking no details, only a plain "it's looking good", "could've been better", "has more bugs than WinME"... :P whatever
    it installs and runs and has far less bugs than Windows NT.
    Because of our very very helpful and complete testing by the first 2 groups we have spotted some problems that we are going to fix before our next beta group is issued it.
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

V 3 is going to be the last of the nt based OS, right? SIGH a lot.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Gah! I'm not being teased. Where's the teaser shot??
    Intel C2D E6600 (L630B015)
    TT BigTyphoon || Zalman VF900 Fatal1ty
    Abit QuadGT
    2GB Corsair Dominator PC2-8500
    HIS X1900XT --> XTX
    Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
    OCZ GameXStream 700w

HEAT --- eBAY

Ker-Pow !
    ndave, have you thought that he has put that up because he is sick of ppl trying to hack his site and to all the doubters out there calling it vapourware etc. The thing to remember is, no-one is forced to run this OS so why all the drama.

I see that you still havent said what other authorities have been informed.

YouTube Addict
    would you prefer Speederlander that XSOS NEVER leaves the DC community ever again? Because I have absolutely ZERO problems with simply stop posting links to it. I'm done with the bull. I am tired of getting chewed by both sides, one for actually letting you people use it and from you guys who are too stupid to realize what this really is; A ing microsoft sponsored BETA. Some Mod close this thread and bury it
    Last edited by nn_step; 02-14-2007 at 12:30 AM.
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Cruncher
    Don't kill it, NN!
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    Some Mod close this thread and bury it
    I second the motion.

Keep ya chin up nn. More people care about this OS then don't care.
    E6600 B2 @4020MHz : Asus P5B Deluxe 0901 : Palit 8800GTX @ 650/1000 : Team Xtreem 2x1GB PC2-6400 4-4-4-12 500MHz 2.2v : Tt Toughpower 750W : Scythe Infinity : CM Stacker 810

+1 on that.
    Indeed, the loud mouths are mostly negative.
    I'm willing to bet that there's a positive silent majority just lurking, waiting.

Keep up the good work and, of course, let us know if you need any help.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718