Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Commando Results by Tony and Andre (and others...)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    I asked Asus for the 400 mode, lets see if they put it in bios.

I just set 1.8V for vcore on my board here and measured 1.56V real on the board...droop is a little mild for the lack of accuracy here and I will be looking for a fix when I speak to the guys in Taiwan.

they could do away with the options over 1.6vcore for me if 1.6V actually gave 1.6V

Tested some Xfire with my trusty 1800's and broke 60K 3d01 with some tweakage, 3.7GHZ boot at 399x9 and clockgen up 1:1

Badaxe2 testing tomorrow though, so will come back to commando later.

Ouch, I would think Xfire and conroe should be able to break 70K?

I do not understand this ROG vdroop issues, why cannot someone just make a board that we already have, but with the mods that we already have.

Heatpipes are not impressing anyone...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunaak
    I really wish one of these premium boards would have atleast 1 lower then then 1:1 setting...

right now on my P5B deluxe, I can easiliy boot at 575 into windows (volt mods and all) but the problem for me, is getting ram that can do 1200 mhz isnt easy...

if I had 1 setting below 1:1 then maybe I could finally find the limit of the board and CPU

be nice if one of these premium boards offerd that, cause theres always someone like me using them, that just ends up getting held back by something very minor... like your ram cant go any farther...
    If I remember correctly, Bad Axe/2 offered such.

Visit Site: FanBoyReview™
    TEST
    (c)1999-2010 DM
    All rights reserve, All wrongs deserve

Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER
    ROFL, the "retail" clause now.

Let it go man, Conroe is gonna punk AMD bad.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    in my eyes its just ashame that they are not putting strap in bios, i dont see this board as anything else than a "bling bling" p5bdlx (i dont care about xfire).... and no way i would switch to it from p5bdlx if it doesnt have a strap option since my p5b can run over 520 when booted at 401> and up to 480 with <400 boot and thats unmodded.....like this i got to run 389x9 where i could run 437x8 no prob what so ever if we had the strap option

the jedi master
    Quote Originally Posted by fhpchris
    Ouch, I would think Xfire and conroe should be able to break 70K?

I do not understand this ROG vdroop issues, why cannot someone just make a board that we already have, but with the mods that we already have.

Heatpipes are not impressing anyone...
    X1800's bud not 1900's, max cpu clock was 3.7GHZ.
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

I asked Asus for the 400 mode, lets see if they put it in bios.

I just set 1.8V for vcore on my board here and measured 1.56V real on the board...droop is a little mild for the lack of accuracy here and I will be looking for a fix when I speak to the guys in Taiwan.

they could do away with the options over 1.6vcore for me if 1.6V actually gave 1.6V

Tested some Xfire with my trusty 1800's and broke 60K 3d01 with some tweakage, 3.7GHZ boot at 399x9 and clockgen up 1:1

Badaxe2 testing tomorrow though, so will come back to commando later.

Tony,

When can we expect to see the overclocking results from your BadAxe2 testing?

Thanks.

Jack

the jedi master
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbond007
    Tony,

When can we expect to see the overclocking results from your BadAxe2 testing?

Thanks.

Jack
    Soon....plus I have to say this, it is one slick over clocker
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by fhpchris
    I have often wondered this same thing. i guess they don't feel there is a problem.
    {2012 27imac-3.4i7-680mx-32gb ram-768SSD+External TB Samsung840pro ssd + TB velociraptors-Moto828mkIII/Marantz/Amphion Sound-HPzR30w 2nd monitor}

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by argonmtt
    hope the pricing is within the acceptable range ..
    like $300+ when it launches with the price gouging and with $250 MSRP hopefully

and it will go down to $250 after 1 month
    E6600 @ 3.6
    IN9 32x MAX
    EVGA 8800Ultra
    750W

Xtreme Guru
    Soon....plus I have to say this, it is one slick over clocker
    Sweet! Can't wait.
    Tony can you rename this thread to "turtle1 triple post results by Tony and Andre"?

The Commando board is cool and all and I'm sure Badaxe2 is going to be just as exciting but what excites me even more is when the mighty Turtle1 pulls off 2 death defying double posts on page 4!
    And if that doesn't impress you check this Trifecta out!
    THE TURTLE IS OUT OF HIS SHELL!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turtle1 tri fecta!.jpg 
Views:	3097 
Size:	178.9 KB 
ID:	54069  
    Last edited by trans am; 12-21-2006 at 11:07 AM.

Xtreme Member
    BUMP

More info, or something i can read please

Xtreme Member
    Tony is waiting for new BIOS before doing more testing on the Commando.

Gaming rig

CPU.........................Intel QX6850 @ 3800, 8x475
    Motherboard.............DK P35 Dark
    Video.......................8800 Ultra
    RAM.........................4x1 OCZ Titanium Alpha VX2
    Hard drives...............2 Raptors in RAID0
    Sound card...............X-Fi Fatal1ty, Medusa 5.1 headphones
    PSU.........................PCP&C 1KW(custom build)
    CPU cooling..............Liquid
    Hardware cooling.......Liquid cooled card and NB
    Case........................Custom 22" cube by M.M.
    OS...........................XP Pro

the jedi master
    Still waiting on a bios, the release bios did not help my clocking at all.
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Xtreme Member
    Still waiting on a bios, the release bios did not help my clocking at all.
    Would I be remiss if I said "Typical Asus"
    When it's good it's really good...And when it's bad I go to pieces...

Xtreme Member
    Nice Mobo, Tony and Andre.

Can you get also a High FSB with the: E6600,E6700 & X6800 ?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldZilla
    You know this has been a year of ,"Hey I got this new board". Although I can't post anything about it for weeks to come but, I will however try to give you enough to keep you frothing at the mouth til it releases. And of course everyone yammers on for 30 or 40 pages. Then finally you see the tests and people buy them in droves only to find that without the exact memory and a vapochill they are no better than the P5W DH they bought in the same frenzy then threw away for 965 board that finally gave them the bus speed but with such loosed timings gave no actual performance speed for about 95% of the users who clammered to get them. Remember the hype over the MSI board? MSI has never built an Intel board that was worth a damn. Ever!
    Yet the hype was on. Lately it has been the 680 chipset. Guys dumping their hardware to get it. Only to find out that it was all hype and more of the same crap. Now the ATI board is getting the hype and right in the middle of all the hype Tony Craps his own thread with yet another board.
    My point. Guys quit giving them you frickin money. Stick with what you got til about April or may. Don't buy nothing from them til they give us one that is not so buggy and then we sit around cursing for bios updates. Don't be led around like a crack whore thet will do anything for the next fix. I do mean anything!! I got sucked in totally on the P5W DH and I quite frankly like the board but it has been rediculous wating for Asus to bring out bios after Bios that does not do very much at all except piss us off. The only real difference was eliminating the cold starts after every trip into the bios. I ran a by pass for my water pump so it did not stop and start 30 times an hour!! So I for one am going just to sit back and wait for a motherboard to come out that is good right out of the box. So go ahead and hype away guys I have become numb to it as a matter of fact you couls say "Comfortably Numb"

WZ
    Finally, someone with some common sense. I've been just sitting back and watching this whole fascicle unravels itself for about 2 months and although I've been itching to buy a system setup, nothing out there atm peaks my interest. I thought the Asus Striker would be the ultimate answer to everyone's headaches but it turns out to be big flop. Then you have the DFI RD600 Board which we've been eagerly waiting since AMD's acquisition of ATi and yet again we have another big no no (2 x 8 instead of 2 x 16, I don't think that's called "future proof" by any means). I will have to agree with Weld on this whole new motherboard fascination that we have here and we need to stop buying these crappy boards to teach the manufactures that we don't just buy everything that's "hyped up" but rather a very good solid board period.
    Home PC: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.6ghz l Asus Maximus VI Hero l Corsair Dominator Plantinum 2400mhz (4x4GB) l Asus GTX 690 l Samsung 840 Pro 256gb l 2 x WD Black 1T storage drive l WD MyBook 500gb External l Samsung SH-S203N DVD l Creative X-Fi Titanium HD l Corsair AX1200 PSU l Planar SA2311W23 3D LCD Monitor l Corsair 800D Case l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l Sennheiser HD-590

Water Cooling Setup: Swiftech 320 Radiator (3 X Gentle Typhoons 1450rpm 3 x Gentle Typhoons 1850 rpm) l Swiftech Pump w/XSPC Res Top l Heatkiller 3.0 CPU Block l Heatkiller GPU-X GTX 690 "Hole Edition" Nickel l Heatkiller Geforce GTX 690 GPU Backplate l Koolance 140mm Radiator l Danger Den 1/2ID UV Green tubing l EK EKoolant UV Green Liquid

-Impossible is not a word

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX
    Finally, someone with some common sense. I've been just sitting back and watching this whole fascicle unravels itself for about 2 months and although I've been itching to buy a system setup, nothing out there atm peaks my interest. I thought the Asus Striker would be the ultimate answer to everyone's headaches but it turns out to be big flop. Then you have the DFI RD600 Board which we've been eagerly waiting since AMD's acquisition of ATi and yet again we have another big no no (2 x 8 instead of 2 x 16, I don't think that's called "future proof" by any means). I will have to agree with Weld on this whole new motherboard fascination that we have here and we need to stop buying these crappy boards to teach the manufactures that we don't just buy everything that's "hyped up" but rather a very good solid board period.
    QFT

Xtreme Member
    Don't get wrong, I love the work and effort that Tony and some others have been putting in to try and give us some insight on interesting boards that are going to be appearing on our shelves in the near future, but enough is enough. My guess is that your job Tony is to try and find things that are wrong with the boards and report them back to the makers or find bugs no? If anyone here has been attentive to what's been wrong with the boards, I'll try to list the problems out.

1 - Expensive Boards - Since when have we been willing to shell out 400 dollars for a board with shiny lights and poor overclocking to boot? Wasn't the true goal of overclocking to take a relatively reasonable priced mobo/cpu/ram combo and get the most out of it (More bang for the buck!!)? Hell, I have a full time job, barely any expenses but I still hesitate and cringe at how the prices have risen so much in one year. 300 dollars for a so so motherboard or 249 dollars for a Nintendo Wii? hmm...

2 - Poor out of the box Overclocking Boards - How many bios revisions does it take to get some solid overclocking done? Correct me if I'm wrong but the majority of people reading the forums now a days are your average Joe consumer with strong interests in overclocking right? Yes, we would be willing to do modifications if there were huge gains but for the most part we'd rather not go to that extent amirite?

3 - PCI Express Bus Limits - Why can't anyone get it right? if you say a board can do 3 x PCI Express Graphics, it better well be 3 x 16 or don't even advertise that it can do it, why bother? Have the companies hit a major technical wall or something that it's just simply impossible for them to acheive such a grand feat? I can go on and on but I'll stop...

All I really want is a solid top notch performing board with no nonsense overclocking abilities out of the box, aesthetics are a plus but not necessary of course and just don't make it cost as a much as a PS3, don't handicap the features and I'll be happy, is that too much to ask?

X out
    Last edited by WeaponX; 12-28-2006 at 07:31 AM.
    Home PC: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.6ghz l Asus Maximus VI Hero l Corsair Dominator Plantinum 2400mhz (4x4GB) l Asus GTX 690 l Samsung 840 Pro 256gb l 2 x WD Black 1T storage drive l WD MyBook 500gb External l Samsung SH-S203N DVD l Creative X-Fi Titanium HD l Corsair AX1200 PSU l Planar SA2311W23 3D LCD Monitor l Corsair 800D Case l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l Sennheiser HD-590

Water Cooling Setup: Swiftech 320 Radiator (3 X Gentle Typhoons 1450rpm 3 x Gentle Typhoons 1850 rpm) l Swiftech Pump w/XSPC Res Top l Heatkiller 3.0 CPU Block l Heatkiller GPU-X GTX 690 "Hole Edition" Nickel l Heatkiller Geforce GTX 690 GPU Backplate l Koolance 140mm Radiator l Danger Den 1/2ID UV Green tubing l EK EKoolant UV Green Liquid

Xtreme Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the majority of people reading the forums now a days are your average Joe consumer with strong interests in overclocking right?
    No you're not right, you're not even in the same ballpark as right. There is no "average joe" with strong interests in overclocking. It's called a niche market for a reason.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falqon
    No you're not right, you're not even in the same ballpark as right. There is no "average joe" with strong interests in overclocking. It's called a niche market for a reason.
    My fault then man, I guess I'll just speak out for myself I suppose. I for one am not willing to shell out hundreds and hundreds of dollars for garbage, I'm sorry. I've been building pcs for quite some time now and I would love to further my interests overclocking than I've already been doing/done, but with all this crap being feed to me, it's kind of hard to go ga-ga for anything don't you agree?

Xtreme Member
    1 - Expensive Boards - Since when have we been willing to shell out 400 dollars for a board with shiny lights and poor overclocking to boot? Wasn't the true goal of overclocking to take a relatively reasonable priced mobo/cpu/ram combo and get the most out of it (More bang for the buck!!)? Hell, I have a full time job, barely any expenses but I still hesitate and cringe at how the prices have risen so much in one year. 300 dollars for a so so motherboard or 249 dollars for a Nintendo Wii? hmm...
    I agree, i think the true spirit of overclocking is slowly fading. Next thing they will do is invent a mobo that just requires you to drop in the cpu and it will do the rest!
    Last edited by Owen1978; 12-28-2006 at 09:51 AM.
    | Aopen XC Cube EZ65 v2 Black | P4 2.4c D1 stepping undervolted @ 1.25v | Twinmos SP 200mhz @ 2-2-2-5 1T | Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600 Passive | 80Gb Maxtor |

Xtreme Cruncher
    I can agree with that... Overclocking going from consumers pushing their hardware further than it was meant to, and thus saving money instead of buying more expensive hardware. To consumers buying more and more expensive hardware to push that expensive hardware even further with the use of other expensive hardware. Yep, the overclocking spirit sure is fading. Or, the original spirit that is, since what we know as overclocking today is already diffrent.

CM Stacker 810 w/ Yate Loons | Enermax Infiniti 650W
    ASUS P5K Deluxe | Corsair XMS2 PC2-6400 2x2GB
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 | Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    BFG Geforce 8800GTS 640MB | ASUS Ageia PhysX P1 128MB
    Logitech G15 | Logitech G5

Xtreme Member
    I've been building pcs for quite some time now and I would love to further my interests overclocking than I've already been doing/done, but with all this crap being feed to me, it's kind of hard to go ga-ga for anything don't you agree?
    Yeah, trust me I get the sentiment. I was just reading how the $200-$300 video cards account for 75% of the market share of cards sold, and the upper level cards account for less than 5% and it amazes me how people on forums really think the upper end is where anybody in the industry really cares.

It seems that the market is first supplying average buyer where a 965-DS3 or maybe an Infinity is plenty, and second going for the extreme high end niche market of the rediculous 680i. There really isn't much for the people inbetween average joe know nothing and kid in parents basement with daddy's credit card who somehow needs 2 gigabit ethernet ports?

I think it's more mental than anything, it's so easy to buy performance these days. It used to be most overclockers spent ~$400 on a video card and tweaked it. Now there isn't much tweaking, because with SLI/Crossfire you just buy 2! Want a faster machine than your buddy, instead of working with what you have, Intel has an "enthusiast" lineup of processors that's more expensive than ever! Add in the insane power supply that feeds all of it, and the "gotta have" $200 cases and the high end market is just heads and shoulders above what the "average" person can buy. More so than I remember in a long time.

So what do average people do to compensate? Try to push there budget systems faster. I mean honestly, most motherboards out there support a 100% increase in speed for these processors, aren't we being awful hard on the industry when "gigabyte sux" for not maxing out cherry picked D9 memory at a 300% overclock? I think that simply more than ever, you have to pay to play.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by falqon
    Yeah, trust me I get the sentiment. I was just reading how the $200-$300 video cards account for 75% of the market share of cards sold, and the upper level cards account for less than 5% and it amazes me how people on forums really think the upper end is where anybody in the industry really cares.

It seems that the market is first supplying average buyer where a 965-DS3 or maybe an Infinity is plenty, and second going for the extreme high end niche market of the rediculous 680i. There really isn't much for the people inbetween average joe know nothing and kid in parents basement with daddy's credit card who somehow needs 2 gigabit ethernet ports?

I think it's more mental than anything, it's so easy to buy performance these days. It used to be most overclockers spent ~$400 on a video card and tweaked it. Now there isn't much tweaking, because with SLI/Crossfire you just buy 2! Want a faster machine than your buddy, instead of working with what you have, Intel has an "enthusiast" lineup of processors that's more expensive than ever! Add in the insane power supply that feeds all of it, and the "gotta have" $200 cases and the high end market is just heads and shoulders above what the "average" person can buy. More so than I remember in a long time.

So what do average people do to compensate? Try to push there budget systems faster. I mean honestly, most motherboards out there support a 100% increase in speed for these processors, aren't we being awful hard on the industry when "gigabyte sux" for not maxing out cherry picked D9 memory at a 300% overclock? I think that simply more than ever, you have to pay to play.

I agree but hasn't Intel infact lowered the prices of the cpu's and not raised them. Seems to me the X6600 is a good bit cheeper than the X2's Amd was selling 6 months ago. Correct me if I am wrong. Intel has lowered the prices not raised them as you stated.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle 1
    Seems to me the X6600 is a good bit cheeper than the X2's Amd was selling 6 months ago. Correct me if I am wrong. Intel has lowered the prices not raised them as you stated.
    I wasn't referring to the last 6 months. Rather the last 6 years, It used to be that Intel/AMD would release faster processors on a flatter curve, now we have "EE" and "FX" enthusiast models that cost a whole lot more.

Xtremely Addicted
    Maybe this sentiment discussion is better of in wamps. I was looking forward to see results of this board

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast