Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: XSOS V3.0 Beta

You can count me in, it will be a nice break from my normal nlite install.

Xtreme Addict
    Count me in

I'm very interested in this, at last an alternative OS to play games
    Last edited by alpha0ne; 01-04-2007 at 11:30 PM.
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'd like to give this a shot. nn this OS has no problem with dual CPU rigs does it?
    Asus P9X79 Pro | i7 3820 @ 4.875GHz | 4x4GB Corsair DDR3-1600| 3x 6970 Lightnings watercooled| Corsair 1200W PSU | Mountain Mods Ascension case |

Xtreme Member
    as mentioned in the thread, no it works fine with 4 seperate cpus and higher
    Mac Pro 2X2.4GHZ Quad
    40GB OWC SSD
    6GB DDR3
    6TB Storage

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'd like to test this system out. My system is as in my sig. Where do I go from here?

Thanks.
    Asrock Extreme 4 | 2600K | 16G G Skill | Powercolor LCS 7970 | PCP&C 910 Silencer | Crucial C300 + Intel X-25V + Raptors | D-Tek Fusion v2 | Swiftech MCR Drive 360 | HP LP2475

I want to betatest too :)

Hello. I would like to help out with the betatesting of this alternative OS. I can't give much feedback about some kind of software, like firewalls or anivirus, but I can about many others.

Will you eventually need to test certain specific software/hardware with it? I think it would be good doing so.

Anyway, count me in as a betatester.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailindawg
    I'd like to test this system out. My system is as in my sig. Where do I go from here?

Thanks.
    You wait till nn_step releases the beta to us
    Mac Pro 2X2.4GHZ Quad
    40GB OWC SSD
    6GB DDR3
    6TB Storage

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomicpineapple
    I'd like to give this a shot. nn this OS has no problem with dual CPU rigs does it?
    it supports and efficiently allocates work up to and including 64 Cores.
    With the ability to issue and allocate for 255 CPU cores, though not as efficiently as I would hope.
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Addict
    I dreamt about XSOS V3.0 last night

Cant wait till its torturing at least one of my rigs
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dicecca112
    You wait till nn_step releases the beta to us
    Thanks. I'm patient. The built-in multi-core support sounds very interesting.

Can the beta 3 OS take a single threaded application and manipulate the application to take advantage of multi-cores?
    Asrock Extreme 4 | 2600K | 16G G Skill | Powercolor LCS 7970 | PCP&C 910 Silencer | Crucial C300 + Intel X-25V + Raptors | D-Tek Fusion v2 | Swiftech MCR Drive 360 | HP LP2475

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailindawg
    Thanks. I'm patient. The built-in multi-core support sounds very interesting.

Can the beta 3 OS take a single threaded application and manipulate the application to take advantage of multi-cores?
    I'm a programmer not Jesus, One Should not attempt to break up a thread without knowing exactly how and why it works. And to attempt to have an algorithm do that in brute force is risky and rather stupid.
    Even Code Morphing respects the nature of threads and NEVER tries to break it up.
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.

Xtreme Enthusiast

I'm not a programmer. Just trying to get my head around it, that's all.

Xtreme Cruncher

Arrow

I just got qemu working so i would like to be in on this to

id be up to tryin this out, i got a few rigs i could try it on, let me kno when its ready. thanx gonna try v2.0 asap just to get an idead what im workin with.
    Heat = Mikey976
    C2Q q9450 @ Stock ---------------------GigaByte P35 DS3R
    8gb G.Skill DDR1000-------------------------------BFG GTX280 OC 1GB
    Tagan 1.1 Kw PSU----------------------------------Custom WC
    X-Fi XtremeMusic w/Audigy ZS LiveDrive ---JVC HARX-900/ Logitech Z-640
    Acer 24in lcd P241w / Emachines E19T5W 19in wide

if is still available for signing for beta testing... count me in

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i would like to be in

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i'd like to jump in on this and see how well it does
    Media PC:[AMD x2 4800][MSI K9N-SLI][2x1gig Corsair DDR2 800][ATI 3650 AIW][Asus Xonar D2X][500gig Samsung SATA][Crap Antec Case and PSU]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm intrested on how my 8800GTS is going to do DX10 without any drivers from NVIDIA...
    P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP
    Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 2.8GHz
    GeForce 8800GTS

CLICK THIS:http://www.projectoffset.com/astormiscoming/ Each unique view moves the bar up. Last time it filled, a new picture was revealed.

Xtreme Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    the Honest truth is the base is a hybrid, most closely related to minix.
    XSOS v1.0 was for Benchmarks
    XSOS v2.0 was for Crunchers
    XSOS v3.0 will be for everyone
    I respect the desire of some members of the team to be silent partners.
    Thanks to the overly generous help from Microsoft.
    Hey NN,

I dont want to be blunt or anything, just a reality check.

- If i remember correctly, the LINE count of Windows 2000 source code was near 20 million. Linux 2.4 kernel was 4 million. It was just the base KERNEL.
    - You responded that it is based on a hybrid, similar to minix. IIRC, minix was micro-kernel architechture based. Not hybrid. Atleast thats what the author said.
    - From the screenshots you have posted thus far, it seems stuff like Management console is also available. How is this possible? Did you write up a emulator for Windows executables? Did you rewrite the kernel. Both a extremely optimistic guesses as it requires quites a considerable bit of time and effort to pull of such a thing.
    - Driver support?

Please take a bit of time to answer these question, am sure it will clear lots of confusion.

Regards
    K

Xtreme Cruncher
    more screenshots?

im putting bets down on virtualization technology. i was talking to somebody @ Microsoft and he told me that ati/nvidia drivers on vista are much better optimized, so far...

Xtreme Guru
    i would love to give this a shot, im currently building a small form factor athlon xp system i could test it out on, that would be fantastic!

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by KiD0M4N
    Hey NN,

I dont want to be blunt or anything, just a reality check.

- If i remember correctly, the LINE count of Windows 2000 source code was near 20 million. Linux 2.4 kernel was 4 million. It was just the base KERNEL.
    - You responded that it is based on a hybrid, similar to minix. IIRC, minix was micro-kernel architechture based. Not hybrid. Atleast thats what the author said.
    - From the screenshots you have posted thus far, it seems stuff like Management console is also available. How is this possible? Did you write up a emulator for Windows executables? Did you rewrite the kernel. Both a extremely optimistic guesses as it requires quites a considerable bit of time and effort to pull of such a thing.
    - Driver support?

Please take a bit of time to answer these question, am sure it will clear lots of confusion.

Regards
    K
    1) I know, what is your point? We have the man power, skill and talent, I truely believe our limits are only those of our budget and hardware supplies.
    2)I am very familiar, however you are using the wrong form of hybrid. Minix is the idea of clean, clear, and thought out OS. Windows/DX is the idea of making games. XSOS is a combination of those two ideals.
    3) no emulation required, I was crazy enough to work Win32 into the API
    4) we are working on Driver support and the required "Conversations" that come with it

Dear NN- Having really enjoyed XSOS v2.0, I'm having xtreme difficulty waiting for XSOS v3.0!

Please allow me the pleasure of beta-testing XSOS v3.0.

(sorry to beg so soon...have been lurking these forums a long time! I would like to help with bug reports)

Thank you!

Xtreme 3D Team
    NN, does having a unix based hybrid kernel do anything in terms of stability, like in terms of BSODing and so on. Since ReactOS used a hybrid kernel (obviously not the same) but still suffered from the issue.
    e8400@4Ghz w/Fuzion V2|DFI p35 T2R|4x1Gb Ballistix D9GMH|Sapphire 4870|2x150WD Raptors|LianLI PC-A77|Nec 20WMGX2 x2|SB xfi Titanium

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I want your mad skills to flow into me...
    P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP
    Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 2.8GHz
    GeForce 8800GTS

CLICK THIS:http://www.projectoffset.com/astormiscoming/ Each unique view moves the bar up. Last time it filled, a new picture was revealed.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast