Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E6300 @ 120% oc! 4087mhz work in progress.

Xtreme Cruncher

E6300 @ 120% oc! 4087mhz work in progress.

Hey guys well, I've had this rig for a while and it did very good on air about 3.55 ghz on a TT BT and only about 1.4 vcore. so I finally slapped my phase on it tonight and this is my initial result. the board isn't modded....yet....

E6300 L628A219
    P5b Deluxe Unmodded
    Crucial 10th ani. 2gb set

After 4086 tho... It'll be stable for a few sec. then freeze...no blue screen and I can run 1 m up to 4087 (forgot to get pic coming soon tho) I am thinking its the boards FSB holding me back...Any suggestions would be awesome

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=143942

More to come
    Heatware | Ebay:Crazymullen | If you are unsure what Fhqwhgads means You are REQUIRED to go HERE| Powered by Centon Ram

IMHO Waste is a computer going to a landfill having done actual computations less than 90% of it's life. 90% of the computers powered on right now are idle or powered off; what a waste! [/B]

Is it a coincidence that your wifes pc is called Uranus?

Xtreme Legend
    NICE MHz there man
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    575 fsb
    Wolfdale e8400es @4.5Ghz / Ultra-120 Extreme
    2GB Ballistix @ 589Mhz 4-4-4-x @ 2.5V - SPI 32M
    *** Motherboards tested: DFI Blood Iron (current), Asus P5K3-dlx, DFI P965-S, P5B-Dlx, DFI RD600, Bad Axe 2, EVGA 680i, DS3 and P5W DH ***
    Fan modded Zippy 850W, 500GB 7200.11 and EVGA 8800GTX @678/1062

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah the freezing is FSB limitations...

Remarkable results
    Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | i7 930 @ 4 GHz | Corsair H50
    G.Skill RipJaws 4x2 GB @ DDR3-1600 7-7-6-24-1N | HIS Radeon HD 5870
    3x Intel X25-M 80 GB RAID-0; OCZ Agility 120 GB | Samsung SH-S243D
    Corsair HX1000 | Dell 3007WFP & Samsung 204T | 7 Ultimate x64

Xtreme Cruncher
    Thanks guys!

N7 - thats what I thought, Has anyone here done tests on p5b deluxe with and without vmch mod or what I could do to raise FSB? My board is already finicky with vmch, @ 1.65 (bios) I get the 1x pci-e bug, but that is what I used in testing. Anyone have Suggestions? I'm gonna play with it some more tomorrow.

I REALLY want to break the WR.... I am pretty sure this cpu can do it, its only at 1.55v right now, raising it obviously didn't stop the freezing. But finding the right ram/mobo combo to do it is the real kicker....
    Heatware | Ebay:Crazymullen | If you are unsure what Fhqwhgads means You are REQUIRED to go HERE| Powered by Centon Ram

IMHO Waste is a computer going to a landfill having done actual computations less than 90% of it's life. 90% of the computers powered on right now are idle or powered off; what a waste! [/B]

Xtreme Legend
    if you've got PCI vga card make sure you stick it in and max vMCH but i'd say you're already doing that heh
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Cruncher
    yeah I am I think I am gonna mod this baby and see if I can go higher.... If anyone could comfirm a vmch mod to help FSB on these boards I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance for any help!

Xtreme Member
    Holy crap. 575mhz nice work man. This definatly makes the P5B-Deluxe seem like the best P965 board created

Xtreme Addict
    excellent work
    Asus P5W64 WS Professional , DFI Infinity 965P-S (testing)
    X6800 , E6750 es
    Micron Fatbodies , Micron D9gkx oem, Crucial 8000, Crucial Tracer 8500 (incomming)
    Ati FireGL V5100, Elsa FireGL V3100
    water cooling setup (EK 775 cpu block, swiftech NB Block, Swiftech pump, BI dual pass dual 120mm)
    Silverstone OP650
    raptors, baracuda

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwhgads6680
    yeah I am I think I am gonna mod this baby and see if I can go higher.... If anyone could comfirm a vmch mod to help FSB on these boards I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance for any help!
    wow so that is with STOCK max vmch

yeah you'll have to doa quick search here on XS there are a couple of threads explaining the mods
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Champion
    Great!

Cpu put under DI..

We stopped at 600FSB (XtwinZ OC Team), WR 2 now. Chinese guy breaked 4340Mhz, and he given hard work for our.
    "We are competing, competing to win. And the main motivation is to compete for victory" - Ayrton Senna

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yeah Dinos, It was actually your thread that inspired me to see how high I could go, thats when I finally put the phase on it. Did you run the VMCH mod?

Oh AND this is pretty crappy phase too as far as standards around here go, its a home made R-22 unit I made a while back during my a64 days. no load is around -42 c and with this cpu at 1.55 it idles at about -20-23c. So I KNOW this procy has ALOT in it.... Finally I got a diamond in the rough haha.

Xtreme Cruncher
    over@locker886 - I wish I had a di pot! lol your guy's thread got me looking in the FS section here HAHA but I have 0 cash and am out a job right now so... it's gonna be a while... Did you guys run into the freezing FSB wall too?

Xtreme Legend
    Yeah Dinos, It was actually your thread that inspired me to see how high I could go, thats when I finally put the phase on it. Did you run the VMCH mod?

Oh AND this is pretty crappy phase too as far as standards around here go, its a home made R-22 unit I made a while back during my a64 days. no load is around -42 c and with this cpu at 1.55 it idles at about -20-23c. So I KNOW this procy has ALOT in it.... Finally I got a diamond in the rough haha.
    LOL!

nah it's all stock here

i am yet to clean the dust of my little blackbox and give it a shot BUT since i've got 5x E6600ES B2 conroes to play with now i'll sure as hell be going back on phase again VERY soon
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Champion
    over@locker886 - I wish I had a di pot! lol your guy's thread got me looking in the FS section here HAHA but I have 0 cash and am out a job right now so... it's gonna be a while... Did you guys run into the freezing FSB wall too?
    We don't know exactly..but not help higher vmch, higher vcore, and higher vram.

My tipps: mobo limitation ,because ram not higher 595fsb on 2:3, or 600FSB+ not like 2*1GB ram, or simple FSB wall..
    "We are competing, competing to win. And the main motivation is to compete for victory" - Ayrton Senna

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22
    i've got 5x E6600ES B2 conroes to play with now i'll sure as hell be going back on phase again VERY soon
    JEALOUS MUCH! damn....5 of them! I wish I had cash to do that...GL man I am looking forward to your results...

over@locker886 - Yeah Your guy's thread mentioned single channel and that helped ALOT with 2x 1gb after 3.98ghz it would blue screen. I dunno if its single channel or just one stick is better haven't tested that yet, tonight was just a quick test. How many P5b's did you guys go through to find the good one?

oh and my board undervolts, 2.45 bios = 2.4 real but this seems pretty much standard.

Man if I could only buy like 5 mobo's and test em all haha...

Champion
    JEALOUS MUCH! damn....5 of them! I wish I had cash to do that...GL man I am looking forward to your results...

over@locker886 - Yeah Your guy's thread mentioned single channel and that helped ALOT with 2x 1gb after 3.98ghz it would blue screen. I dunno if its single channel or just one stick is better haven't tested that yet, tonight was just a quick test. How many P5b's did you guys go through to find the good one?

oh and my board undervolts, 2.45 bios = 2.4 real but this seems pretty much standard.

Man if I could only buy like 5 mobo's and test em all haha...
    And NOT help single channel, and pci card..wall same 600fsb
    We only have 2 mobo, we bought as second hand..haven't got any sponsors yet

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Did you guys run into the freezing FSB wall too?
    Yes I did, I have 6300 628A147 and its bugged hard on 500 (on AIR), I try with Micron GMH and GHX same, my board is C2 rev, so I think it is maybe because of air cooling or my CPU has fsbwall, I will try these days DI cooling.

Xtreme Member
    Did you increase SB too? It helps a little, 1.7V is OK.

Insane FSB, damn , cant even imagine it. Nice work dude.

Why dont u do those vdroop mods, cuz this board drops the voltages (~~0.05V).
    My PC:
    - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (9x 333),
    waiting at cpu waterblock for OC
    -2GBHZ G.Skill Dualchannel@ 333@ 1.9V
    -Asus P5B Deluxe, no mods
    -2x raptor 74gb (8mb) RAID0
    -8800GTS @ stock
    -Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE
    -Zalman 460W-APS

Xtreme Member
    SUbzero on the chipset? Zbogogorn and i think Shark (Slovenians) used dry ice on the chipset. Just a soldered-to-be pot's base with a few pellets on it. Helped them get a E6700 S PI WR i think.

Xtreme Cruncher
    wow ok, last nights benching session went down in flames...or water...even after a pretty thorough insulation job still somehow condensation got into the socket area... I don't think anything is dead but I will be doing an extensive insulation job and will be back up and running soon...

I thought insulating A64 was a pain, but wow 775 is a even worse! More results soon!

Xtreme Member
    which set of memory do you own mate? crucial 667,800??
    E8400 E0 @ 4.00 GHZ, DFI P45 T2RS+, 4X2GB Mushkin 1066 996599, Radeon 4890 , Enermax Liberty 620W , 4X500GB HDD+Samsung SLC 64gb SSD.

all paired with a LG 245WP

Xtreme Cruncher
    Crucial 10th ani. ddr-667. REALLY great cheap ddr2. I don't know exactly what type of D9 it is, but it does ddr 1100 easy. and my board undervolts to 2.4v . After vdimm mod I am hoping to join ddr2 1200mhz club

got it for like $220 from the egg. I don't think they have the aniversary version anymore but I think the have the same stuff for like $240 without the speical heatspreaders.

Xtreme Member
    i have the same exactly memory , bought it for 198 euros back at july (its not anniversary)

check my OC , and i thought my memory holds me back. it freezes at 530 fsb.

E8400 E0 @ 4.00 GHZ, DFI P45 T2RS+, 4X2GB Mushkin 1066 996599, Radeon 4890 , Enermax Liberty 620W , 4X500GB HDD+Samsung SLC 64gb SSD.

all paired with a LG 245WP

Xtreme Member
    To the OP:

What phase unit are you using and what are your temps on the chip?

I too have the P5b Deluxe and e6300 and 10th Anniv, and phase....
    Last edited by Seufari; 12-07-2006 at 09:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast