Thread: which hsf for thermalright si-128?

which hsf for thermalright si-128?

How do you peeps think a thermalright sl-128 would perform with a yate loon 120mm fan mounted upon it? I have a few other options besides the yate loon.

There's a scythe kamaze and a Sharkoon Silent Eagle 2000, both 120mm of course.

I could pay a bit more and order the actual fan from another store, but then I need some really good proof that this specific fan of yours will do me a great favor when it comes to cooling my cpu :P. Cheers people

Come on folks, I need some suggestions

Egyptian OverClocker
    then u need to mention the specs of every fan

cfm and dba level
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Well it's not like you can actually count on those numbers, that's why I'm willing to listen to some of your suggestions.

Egyptian OverClocker
    yes those numbers are not that accurate but still u can use them to decide which is better

cause if those fans have cfm in range 50~70 then the quietest one of them will be the best solution

if anyone of them gonna break the 90cfm then this will give u the best performance but also lots of noise
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Yeah I'll just go with that mindset too, it can't go all that wrong.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    madshrimps did a review with the silent eagle and they really seem to like it, on another note like someone on this forum already said "when in doubt go with Yate" sorry i forgot whose quote that is it just stuck in my head since IMO also its true

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Millyons
    madshrimps did a review with the silent eagle and they really seem to like it, on another note like someone on this forum already said "when in doubt go with Yate" sorry i forgot whose quote that is it just stuck in my head since IMO also its true
    Yep. If not, then go with my 220cfm Delta screamer.

Brendan
    I BLEED TOXIC GREEN

Xtreme Member
    If you do not need LED's I cant recommend the Scythe S-Flex's enough. Even at full speed the noise isnt as annoying as the yate loons or any other fan i have tried.
    e8400 4.0Ghz Q747A374 - Thermalright Ultima-90 ES - Asus P5K-D (bios 809) - BFG 285 GTX - 4Gb Mushkin Blackline PC8500 - Deck Legend Keyboard - X-fi Platinum w/BeyerDynamic DT-990pro Headset Mod - Silverstone TJ-07 - Antec Quattro 850w - Samsung 275T - OCZ Vertex 120gb + 1TB WD - Windows 7 64bit Pro

"The data on the MiG is inaccurate..."