Thread: Need help finding timings for Micron -5B F (DDR1)

Unhappy Need help finding timings for Micron -5B F (DDR1)

Hi

I have a pair of 1 GB DDR1 memory sticks with Micron -5B F chips. I'm having trouble finding the right timings for my RAM however. Right now, the highest I can run it at is 245 MHz and even this is barely stable (sometimes it passes Super PI 32M, sometimes it doesn't). By the way, its running on an Abit KN8 Ultra at 2.70 V. Below are the current timings. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some suggestions to improve the clock and stability. Thanks.

ermm... anyone???

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Dram drive strength = weak
    32 bit granularity = Disabled ( 4 bursts )
    Tref = 3072 or 4708
    Twcl = 2

Love and Peace!
    i'll admit that this is a somewhat special kit, but..

drive strengths on my ultra-d were level 5 (weak) and level 2 iirc.
    Got a fan over those memory sticks? No? Well get to it before you kill them

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jijau View Post
    Hi

I have a pair of 1 GB DDR1 memory sticks with Micron -5B F chips. I'm having trouble finding the right timings for my RAM however. Right now, the highest I can run it at is 245 MHz and even this is barely stable (sometimes it passes Super PI 32M, sometimes it doesn't). By the way, its running on an Abit KN8 Ultra at 2.70 V. Below are the current timings. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some suggestions to improve the clock and stability. Thanks.

What sticks are these? I had some Crucial value ram (Z40B) and couldnt push em above 250Mhz @ 3-3-3-8 @ 2.9v.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmetterling View Post
    What sticks are these? I had some Crucial value ram (Z40B) and couldnt push em above 250Mhz @ 3-3-3-8 @ 2.9v.
    They are Kingston ValueRAMs. Below is the picture. Could you share your detailed timings (an A64info screenshot maybe) for them running 250 MHz @ 3-4-4-8 then? Thanks.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jijau View Post
    They are Kingston ValueRAMs. Below is the picture. Could you share your detailed timings (an A64info screenshot maybe) for them running 250 MHz @ 3-4-4-8 then? Thanks.

Will have a look whether I have an A64Info shot, but if I don't I will try to get the timings out of my head.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well to begin with it looks like you have a jedec pcb instead of a brainpower pcb. Which means your ram clocks will be lower than the best Micron ICs out there to begin with. Then its value ram , meaning made up of ics that do not make the bin , so you could try giving them more voltage , like around 2.9V and put a decent 120 mm fan over them so they dont go kaput but 250 from a pair of value ram is pretty decent .