Thread: vcore mod for ds3

Xtreme Member

vcore mod for ds3

hey there,
    I searched but unfortunately couldn't find an answer. I am looking for a vcore mod for my ds3.

The vcore choice after 1.60 is 1.80volts with F7 bios, what can I do to raise vcore to let's say 1.65-1.70?

Thanks!

Xtreme Member
    Same problem with the -S3, exactly.... Look here, probably the same:

Vdimm Mod For GA-965P-S3
    Biostar T-Power I45 Motherboard
    P45AA918 BIOS
    E8600 450x9 1.35V
    Danger Den Water Cooled
    2x1Gig Super Talent PC6400 5-5-5-15
    EVGA 7800GS
    WD SATA 120GB
    Rosewill 750W

I am Xtreme
    there is one if you looked in the motherboard mod's section

word of warning do not do the pencil mod. death will come for your board.

go to the website where those shots come from. bah i cant remember the name. its where Shamino resides.

there are two mods the pencil mod for droop which will kill your board and another using a POT which should allow you do increase resistance and raise the voltage.
    very small soldering points though.

and unless your phasing or dICE'ing the cpu dont even try it.
    if you need more than 1.6v for that cpu then get a new one unless your super cooling it but be careful your getting to the death point for those chips.
    Last edited by Lestat; 11-29-2006 at 09:01 AM.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    Well,

thanks jwilson for the link.

lestat i am aware of the vdroop mod with a conductive pen and its possible harmful effects on the mobo. And the site you mention was vr-zone, and i even know you e-mailed kunaak and asked shamino about the pencil mod - i indeed did my homework before posting my original post

furthermore, I am going to use a phase change and want to hit around 1.70volts but it seems that it is an impossible job for me with my soldering skills.

bummer!$#!

can it be solved with an updated bios??

I am Xtreme
    yeah i wanted to do the POT mod but dang so small.. i had to pass up that soldering job lol.

i dont know guy, maybe send it off to kunaak see if he will mod it for you using the POT. but i never saw it reported that the pot actually changed voltages vs. just throttling the droop.

but in reality because of the poor voltage control on the S series i wouldnt do it. 1.6v gives about 0.10 or more droop.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback