Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E6700 WR ... so close to 100% OC

Xtreme X.I.P.
    @TaPaKaH,

I might go out on a limb here but I personally think, your so called "WRs" should be invalidated.

First of all, you seem to have a totally unfair advantage over the rest of OCers by means of some mysterious modified BIOS. The fact that you're not sharing it, but it allows you to pull those WRs makes it even more suspicious;

Second, there has been significant speculation about your Allendale Pi times to be way too fast for 2MB L2. Those were, obviously, done on a modded BIOS that has been customized for you. I honestly don't buy the claim that stripped down version of WinXP+Server2003 components can give you such a boost that you could even compete with 4MB L2 Conroes;

Third, it has been mentioned in your previous thread, that there was a suspicion that your BIOS manipulates CPU micro-code in a way, that mobo and soft reports it as different CPU, when in fact you might be using one CPU all along, e.g. X6800;

I will contact Franck, creator of CPU-Z and ask him exactly why such results are permitted to be validated and what exaclty causes Validator to report what it does in case of all your "WRs". I hope he will consider all your validations be removed as I think if even Validator's one listed reason itself hints a "cheat", validation should not be possible to be submitted.

Once again, until we have a full picture, all your "WRs" cannot be considered as valid due too way too many questions being raised as well as use of some sort of modified and questionable BIOS.
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 10-03-2006 at 09:55 PM.

Xtreme Member
    TaPaKaH
    give a link of this os please

xtreme energy
    Sharing tweaks is a good thing and I would like to get that OS too but he still has the right not to share it. Maybe it took years of hard work to develop it, why would one share it?

I have no idea why those superpi times are that good, maybe some kind of bug if we combine modded bios + OS but they are all valid (checksum) and I actually sold him one of those cpus (E6400). E6700 time looks about right

I don't think it is one cpu. Getting, for example, X6800 @ 7x570 is way too hard, remember Tony's chipset speed formula?
    Last edited by kiwi; 10-04-2006 at 01:56 AM.

Xtremely Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi
    X6800 @ 7x570 is way too hard, remember Tony's chipset speed formula?
    I thought every multi on the X6800 works as if default ?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bachus_anonym
    @TaPaKaH,

I might go out on a limb here but I personally think, your so called "WRs" should be invalidated.

First of all, you seem to have a totally unfair advantage over the rest of OCers by means of some mysterious modified BIOS. The fact that you're not sharing it, but it allows you to pull those WRs makes it even more suspicious;

Second, there has been significant speculation about your Allendale Pi times to be way too fast for 2MB L2. Those were, obviously, done on a modded BIOS that has been customized for you. I honestly don't buy the claim that stripped down version of WinXP+Server2003 components can give you such a boost that you could even compete with 4MB L2 Conroes;

Third, it has been mentioned in your previous thread, that there was a suspicion that your BIOS manipulates CPU micro-code in a way, that mobo and soft reports it as different CPU, when in fact you might be using one CPU all along, e.g. X6800;

I will contact Franck, creator of CPU-Z and ask him exactly why such results are permitted to be validated and what exaclty causes Validator to report what it does in case of all your "WRs". I hope he will consider all your validations be removed as I think if even Validator's one listed reason itself hints a "cheat", validation should not be possible to be submitted.

Once again, until we have a full picture, all your "WRs" cannot be considered as valid due too way too many questions being raised as well as use of some sort of modified and questionable BIOS.
    Totally agreed !
    just too much fishy results.

520MHz 3-3-3 @ just 2.7v i cant belive.
    I tested myself a sample pair of 8000UL, sended by Corsair.
    Those Fatbodies dont work so well with 3-3-3; 420MHz max @ 2.65v,cold air cooled.

and btw,Takapah: nice Tshirt dude.
    All*AIr

Xtreme Addict
    Can your custom OS run SPI or was it just made for the CPUZ validator.
    Yes, it does run SuperPi. Besides - @ lower freq the result is better by ~0.3sec comparing to regular OS ...
    Agreed - validations on my custom OS make too much noise
    Fine, then I will have to hire someone (like kiwi ), to watch me OC and to proof my results
    Are you going to get a Kentsfield now?
    Not for buying, though For testing
    try stripping down the OS to 30Mb of page file usage and you`ll get the similar results
    Sharing tweaks is a good thing and I would like to get that OS too but he still has the right not to share it. Maybe it took years of hard work to develop it, why would one share it?
    kiwi`s right - it took 2people x 3months to develop. People were actually getting paid (by me and my friend), so I`m not sharing this for free
    Same with BIOS - I have actually paid 20Ls (~$40) + Metaxa for tweaking

Xtreme Member
    My windows XP install is down to 50MB of page file usage. It didn't make a difference for SPI times compared to an install that was 80MB PF usage.
    Or will this only help allendale SPI times?
    Last edited by epox4life; 10-04-2006 at 09:19 AM.

E6600@4.8ghz SPI 1M
    P5B-Deluxe
    2GB g.skill pc2-6400
    7900GS
    250gb x2 matrix raid
    Vapochill LS

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bachus_anonym
    @TaPaKaH,

I agree with you here but when you say he has an unfair advantage..... what about all the people that got ES chips way before release... or ES motherboards months before release. Lot of people couldn't get them. There's also alot of people that get beta asus bios that won't share. That gives them unfair advantages aswell.

Can't OC for WR if you don't have the hardware right?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by epox4life
    cpu micro code possibly.
    if that's the case, and something actually IS fishy, then expect to see more... i never knew you can do that... now i do. not gonna spend my time with that tho... i'll sit back and watch.
    ASUS Crosshair V *Water* | FX-8150 Enzotech Sapphire CPU block | 8GB Mushkin 2133 | 6970 2GB | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 | SB X-Fi Elite Pro | Corsair 520W Modular | 3x 26" Asus VW266H Eyefinity 5760x1200 | DDC pump with petra top @ 18w, Thermochill HE 120.3 w/ 3x120x38mm Deltas 152cfm on controller |
    --------------------------------------------
    My Heatware (1000+ flawless)

Xtreme Addict
    Good Work !!!
    Sound: Asus Essense ST | Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 | Norge 2060 Stereo amp | Wharfedale SW150 sub (coming soon)
    Camera Gear: Canon 6D | Canon 500D | Canon 17-40L | Canon 24-105L | Canon 50mm f1.4 | Canon 85mm f1.8 | Rokinon 14mm f2.8 | Sigma 10-20EX HSM | Benro A3580F + Vanguard SBH250 | Bag full of filters and stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12