Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Illustrative Guide: Modify your Scythe Infinity mounting system...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I mad a custom backplate out of 14GA steel that works great. I used neoprene so it wouldnt damage any components on my MB. I can crank the screws very tight and it wont bend my motherboard at all. I can post an autocad drawing if anyone is interested.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MV-G
    3770K 5.00
    7970 1200/1700
    GSkill 2400
    Seasonic Platinum 1000
    Silverstone TJ08-E
    - Koolance AC-370 - Swiftech MCP-35X - Phobya Xtreme 200mm Rad - Koolance VID-AR797 -
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA National Debt

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast1590 View Post
    s1rrah
    where did u get it?
    have u seen this before?
    http://www.overclockers.ru/images/la.../14_skbp_b.jpg
    its from Asus Silent Knight..prettu strong ... with rubber
    Got it from a friend who took his Asus cooler back ... seems he forgot to take back the backplate <oops!> ... anyway ... he gave it to me.

It's got the thick rubber on the contact side as well ... can't wait to redo my mount ...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2700K @ 5.0ghz / SLI GTX 670's / 16GB Mushkin / H100

i wanna get a fan for the cooler.. and found this Rosewill RFX-120BL nice looking fan got fat black cpu cable which is cool not ugly like those you usually see, only 10 bucks. And there's one more SILVERSTONE FM121 $20!!! got control panel.
    can't decide.. i'm looking for the high quality product which will not die for some unknowng reasons. Please?..
    Last edited by DENIS; 08-10-2007 at 02:41 PM.
    Core™2 Duo E6600 3.4 Ghz / Scythe infinity
    eVGA 680i
    eVGA 8800GTX
    Corsair TWIN2X2048
    Seagate Barracuda 250GB
    X-Fi XtremeMusic & Logitech Z5500
    OCZ GameXStream 600W
    Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP
    Windows XP & Windows Vista Ultimate

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DENIS View Post
    i wanna get a fan for the cooler.. and found this Rosewill RFX-120BL nice looking fan got fat black cpu cable which is cool not ugly like those you usually see, only 10 bucks. And there's one more SILVERSTONE FM121 $20!!! got control panel.
    can't decide.. i'm looking for the high quality product which will not die for some unknowng reasons. Please?..
    I can say a few things about the FM121 since I'm using *two* on my scythe infinity right now.

Hmmm, what to say? Great fans. The provide a huge amount of air flow if you want it but also work great at low RPM's for silent operation.

I was running one of them at first and then discovered that if I strapped two of them to my Infinity, then I could run them at WAY lower RPM's than I was running the single FM121 and the cooling was better as well.

Here's a pic:

I liked them because they give me a good amount of flexibility between low speed and high speed operation.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thatnks i'll buy one..
    Core™2 Duo E6600 3.4 Ghz / Scythe infinity
    eVGA 680i
    eVGA 8800GTX
    Corsair TWIN2X2048
    Seagate Barracuda 250GB
    X-Fi XtremeMusic & Logitech Z5500
    OCZ GameXStream 600W
    Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP
    Windows XP & Windows Vista Ultimate

Xtreme Member

Xtreme Member
    Just in case any of you are interested ...

I've got a good freebie deal going at OCN if you need it.

http://www.overclock.net/freebies/31...-pressure.html

You have to be a fairly established OCN member to qualify but I figure some of you are cross-forum-dressers.

Xtreme Member
    I just upgraded my year old Scythe Infinity to a Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme (T.R.U.E) ...

Just a hats-off to this thread because I'm using the very same mounting technique to gain a nice 3 degree advantage over the stock T.R.U.E mounting method:

High Pressure Mount on T.R.U.E.

Another funny thing ...

I also had a chance to photograph my modified mount mod which I've been using for over a year now on my previous (much loved) Scythe Infinity ...

As it turns out ... many moons back when first doing the mod on my Infinity, it turns out the springs I had simply didn't have near enough tension to work effectively ...

So being in the throws of mod-dom and all ... sweating, hoping things would work out and then freaking cause the springs sucked, I wildly hacked apart a bic pen and used 1/4" segments in place of the springs.

It was a bit rigid but it worked like a magic trick:

I was proud of that for a year but only just this week have I been able to post some evidence of it's quite ugly but effective glory.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910