Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AMD 65 nm next month

Xtreme Addict
    The Opteron is on a 65nm process? Since when?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by freeloader
    The Opteron is on a 65nm process? Since when?
    Since may of 2006 when they started production in fab 30 after they made the transission. Since fab36 also started production since june. Since other companies are helping AMD manufactuer 65nm cpus in their fabs. Since AMD announced they will come out in oct. Since final production (ES) where out in japan. Need I go on?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle 1
    Sorry no AMD65 next month. be luck if it gets here this year.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34282

So it seems AMD is not on track ,
    What you just linked to is meaningless.

Love and Peace!
    Sorry no AMD65 next month. be luck if it gets here this year.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34282

So it seems AMD is not on track ,
    did you actually read what you posted?

"AMD is committed to shipping 65nm products to customers by the end of the year [2006]. Our plans are to be substantially converted to 65nm by mid 2007."

so there will be 65nm parts by the end of the year, and most of the fab output will be 65nm by mid '07
    Got a fan over those memory sticks? No? Well get to it before you kill them

Banned
    We went from saying AMD65 parts next month to amd parts by the end of the year. I new AMD was saying AMD 65 by the end of the year. I only stated we would be lucky to see them by the end of the year.

This thread was started on the news of AMD 65n next month . not going to happen . I still say be lucky to see them in retail before 07.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by arisythila
    Seems like there are some Intel guys that are :banana::banana::banana::banana: faced... Some dont even have a "conroe", but they wont hesitate to let you know conroe is all powerful. I was reading some stuff in there yesterday, and some Intel guys ragged on this guy because he had a question. Mind you, I didnt post in the intel section, I JUST READ. Matter a fact. I think when K8L comes out and dominates Intel. We should go over to Intel forums and then tell them how much Intel sucks.. What do you guys think?

~Mike
    True I don't have Conroe . But my wife does I am waiting for Kentsfield

As for going to Intel section When K8L comes out in 08 and demolishes Conroe Penryn will be flexing its muscle. You guys have been bad mouthing Intel for 2 years so that would be nothing new

Xtreme Enthusiast
    We went from saying AMD65 parts next month to amd parts by the end of the year. I new AMD was saying AMD 65 by the end of the year. I only stated we would be lucky to see them by the end of the year.

This thread was started on the news of AMD 65n next month . not going to happen . I still say be lucky to see them in retail before 07.
    amd is already making 65nm cpu's

will we see them next month ? maybe , will there be some for the am2 socket , i don't see why not

Banned
    It would be helpful if you could make the small change (below) to your original article.

"AMD is committed to shipping 65nm products to customers by the end of the year [2006]. Our plans are to be substantially converted to 65nm by mid 2007."

Jan Gutter, PR manager, AMD(EMEA)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It would be helpful if you could make the small change (below) to your original article.

Jan Gutter, PR manager, AMD(EMEA)
    maybe you missed this the first time , and this is not inquirer

http://www.tbreak.com/reviews/article.php?id=467

We also spoke about the move to .65nm manufacturing process with the Opteron now moved to it and the Athlon64 line-up following in the next few months.

Xtreme Mentor
    @ Turtle 1
    think about both articles (about 65nm next month and 65nm at end of the year)

AMD has 2 diffrent markets.
    OEM and Retail.
    It could very wel mean that OEMs have 65nm next month and retail gets it end of year as in december.

Further when is next month? is next month this month or is next month October?

If next month is October then i gues end of year and next month si the exact same thing.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Banned
    Ok.

So, will 65nm be out within October odd?

Because Im pretty set for getting myself an FX62 this month.. which there is obviously no point in if 65nm is coming out.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gag3
    Ok.

So, will 65nm be out within October odd?

Because Im pretty set for getting myself an FX62 this month.. which there is obviously no point in if 65nm is coming out.
    well i doubt that amd will have any fx cpu's at 65nm before the first of the year , even though i did read on one site that the fx-64 65nm would be out in the first quarter , but i would not bet any money on it , it wasn't that good of a source

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost
    well i doubt that amd will have any fx cpu's at 65nm before the first of the year , even though i did read on one site that the fx-64 65nm would be out in the first quarter , but i would not bet any money on it , it wasn't that good of a source
    y not.
    if 65nm would hit the OEMs coming month then 1st quarter we could see 65nm FX if AMD has good yields and can manage the supply.

dont forget March is stil 1st quarter.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Both FX-64 and FX-66 will be on 90nm tech but on SOI-3 which will add germanium into transistors to increase switch speed.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    yes , like i said the source was not a good source

http://www.c627627.com/AMD/Athlon64/

i always thought that the FX-64 was going to be 90nm cpu
    http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/itnews.php?...me=0&endtime=0

Xtreme Addict
    amd is already making 65nm cpu's
    no sherlock

If you take normal 6-8 weeks leadtime at the back end processes and 2-4 weeks leadtime to OEM/disti, AMD should be grinding out 65nm CPUs from their fabs right now in raw wafers and very limited quantities.

As I said before, AMD is walking a laser thin line to balance between their 90nm capacities and 65nm conversion, and if they have any slight misstep, they will lose significant marketshare.
    Athlon 64 3200+ | ASUS M2A-VM 0202 | Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400 | 3ware 9650SE 4LPML | Seasonic SS-380HB | Antec Solo
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0GHz | ASUS P5WDG2-WS Pro 1001 | Gigabyte 4850HD Silent | G.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ | Samsung MCCOE64G5MPP-0VA SLC SSD | Seasonic M12 650 | Antec P180
    Core i7-2600K @ 4.3 GHz @ 1.30V | ASUS P8P67 Pro | Sparkle GTX 560 Ti | G.Skill Ripjaw X F3-12800CL8 4x4GB @ 933MHz 9-10-9-24 2T | Crucial C300 128GB | Seasonic X750 Gold | Antec P183

Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    DRAM production lines are simple and extremely cheap in a ultra low profit market.

Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Ghost
    amd is already making 65nm cpu's!

Exactly!!! Again since may of 2006 in fab 30 after starting transission, since fab 36 in june, since other companies are helping. There are aready (ES)'s out all over the place out of the country. So the above is wrong again. How can you say the aren't making any when we can clearly see them as clear as day. Your only lieing to yourself with your statments. OEMS will be out in oct and nov.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234