Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who makes containers?

Quote Originally Posted by corvus_corax
    ...plain bottom?? I think you've seen very few designs in solid containers, maybe just the plain ones. There are many complex desings that actually you even need to make your own tools for make those designs. I know about that, because i have made some containers, all solids, and no plain bottom of course, but you ask to Kingpin, MM, ilkkahy, Dani or other guys with solid containers.

A "good" brazed pot could be as good as "good" solid pot, IMO.
    oh, ur right. i was talking about ppl says ¨solid rocks, brazed sucks¨, with no argument. I mean that a solid pot not necessarily will beat "always" a brazed one, if the solid has poor heat exchange obviously will be worse than a good brazed.

If heat exchangers are similar in efficiency, solid and brazed will be similar in performance.

the point here is that is a bad myth that "solid is always better than brazed, because solid rocks and brazed sucks".

@afireinside: so, only coz the big men here uses solid you think solid is better?? for saying something like that you need a little more args.

Following that, Windoze rocks because 98% of ppl uses it. :S

Regards

Aussie God
    LukeXE, can you help me out?
    I got a brazed tube, which I've used 4 times now... The thing is.. My insulation got bad last time due a bit acetone spilled on it.. I need some new.. Now where can I get such material? 2" I belive, or 2.5" @ tube, I'll messure tomorrow.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Quote Originally Posted by corvus_corax
    ...plain bottom?? I think you've seen very few designs in solid containers, maybe just the plain ones. There are many complex desings that actually you even need to make your own tools for make those designs.
    Sorry, but THIS is not a "complex design", and yes, te bottom is very plain.

This is a realy complex design and needs complex tools for made it.

are you engineer?
    Last edited by drcooling.cl; 08-29-2006 at 04:30 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drcooling.cl
    are you engineer?
    Not yet, i'm student of electronic engineering, my knowledge of thermodynamics is basic, but enoght for understand a little bit of heat transfers ...

Your first picture it seems to be like a well known pot, and when i'm talking about "complex designs" i mean designs with "mass" in the bottom.

-130C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier
    LukeXE, can you help me out?
    I got a brazed tube, which I've used 4 times now... The thing is.. My insulation got bad last time due a bit acetone spilled on it.. I need some new.. Now where can I get such material? 2" I belive, or 2.5" @ tube, I'll messure tomorrow.
    give me exacly tube dimension, I can buy for you 2 meters of that insulation (25mm thick). Shipping won`t be expensive

I am Xtreme
    Sorry, but THIS is not a "complex design", and yes, te bottom is very plain.

I'm not sure but if Jason's "complex design" can hold a huge load at -72c with dry ice, it has to be doing something right. How many brazed units can hold -72c all the way through a 20 minute 32m run and not budge temps?
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Xtreme Addict
    I think it's important to remember that if you want the maximum out of your tube, you'll need different designs for dry ice and LN2. Temperature stability comes with mass, Jasons pots feature that in the "cone" section at their base and so do many brazed pots due to the fact that the designer had the freedom to put it there (no doubt to maximise surface area).

It is not correct however to make the analogy between air coolers and pot designs as the thermodynamic models for each differ greatly, its the same reason that the first water blocks that were simply air heatsinks encased in a water tight box are nowhere near as good as those specifically designed for water. Dr.Cooling has done some math on the subject in the thread for his brazed pot (diagrams above).

In all fairness when using LN2 the difference will be minimal due to the extremely low temperature, the only thing what will make a difference is if the pot has been really badly designed (ie very thing base) then the temps will fluctuate alot on load due to the rapid boiling of the LN2 at the base.

Solids have the advantage that you can include the walls of the pot as effective surface area, as the copper is all continuous. Brazed units however have the advantage that when well designed can feature an equal surface area. The problem is its easier to just mill out a solid block and sit down and really think about the design of your brazed unit (there are exceptions of course K|ngp|n's cpu tubes are solid but also feature "detailing" internally). For the man on the street however Brazed units are more viable and provide excellent performance for less, if your willing to put the time and thought into their design.

just my

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Newcastle Under Lyme - Staffordshire - UK
    In all fairness when using LN2 the difference will be minimal due to the extremely low temperature, the only thing what will make a difference is if the pot has been really badly designed (ie very thing base) then the temps will fluctuate alot on load due to the rapid boiling of the LN2 at the base.

Solids have the advantage that you can include the walls of the pot as effective surface area, as the copper is all continuous. Brazed units however have the advantage that when well designed can feature an equal surface area. The problem is its easier to just mill out a solid block and sit down and really think about the design of your brazed unit (there are exceptions of course K|ngp|n's cpu tubes are solid but also feature "detailing" internally). For the man on the street however Brazed units are more viable and provide excellent performance for less, if your willing to put the time and thought into their design.
    ^This, is the way it is.

Tom

//Maybe someone would like to work out the temperature difference over a 100um 40% Ag 60% Sn join with 300W spread over 6300mm^2 (50mm tube, 40mm base)............................................. .....
    "What will become of us, will we evolve"

si supieran español les haria una catedra del tema para que vean lo ignorantes que son en termodinamica y transferencia de calor, pero bueno, no se le puede ganar a un ignorante, asi que creo seria tiempo perdido.

Xtreme Member
    si supieran español les harÃ:banana:a una cátedra del tema para que vean lo ignorantes que son en termodinámica y transferencia de calor, pero bueno, no se le puede ganar a un ignorante, asÃ:banana: que creo serÃ:banana:a tiempo perdido.
    Yo sÃ:banana: sé español...
    Es una pena que tengas una respuesta tan agresiva y nos llames ignorantes a todos...cuando este hilo podrÃ:banana:a ser un buen debate. Lamentablemente cuando hay gente con intereses económicos detrás de sus opiniones esto no es viable. Yo no quiero vender un contenedor sólido al decir que sólido es mejor...

I do know spanish...
    It's a pity you have such an agressive answer and call all of us ignorants...when this thread might be a good debate. Unfortunately when people have economic interest behind their opinions this is not viable.
    I don't want to sell a solid container when i say that solid is better...
    Last edited by corvus_corax; 09-06-2006 at 07:37 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Hi,

please don't talk on off-topic

I'll receive my E6600 ES next week and I want a solid container.
    I just want to know who makes it and respective prices

regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12