Page 100 of 205 FirstFirst ... 5090979899100101102103110150200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 5113

Thread: ASUS P5B-Deluxe; Problems & Fixes

Xtreme Member
    anyone run Orthos or Core Temp and notice off the wall CPU clocks? When clocked at 3.3g (7x458fsb), Orthos and Core Temp readout 3.66g?

It's like it's seeing the FSB correctly, but using the default multiplier of the CPU.

Core Temp says 7x523fsb... must be what Orthos is seeing. Anyone have any ideas on a fix?
    ASUS P5B-Deluxe
    C2D E6600 @ 3.525g
    G.Skill 2x1gb PC6400 HZ's
    2x Seagate 400gb SATAII HDD's
    PNY 7900GS @ 450/1320mhz
    Lite-On SATA and IDE DVD-RW
    OCZ GameXTreme 600w PSU
    D-Tek FuZion "bowed"
    LAING D5
    Thermochill PA120.2
    2x Scythe SFF-21F's

Xtreme Cruncher
    Those programs only read default multi on your chip and your FSB that is why you see those.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMinionX
    Those programs only read default multi on your chip and your FSB that is why you see those.
    That's not what core temp says??
    ASUS P5B-Deluxe
    C2D E6600 @ 3.525g
    PNY 7900GS @ 450/1320mhz
    OCZ GameXTreme 600w PSU
    D-Tek FuZion "bowed"
    LAING D5
    Thermochill PA120.2
    2x Scythe SFF-21F's

Xtreme Cruncher
    well im not sure why core temp added like 100mhz to your FSB, but I do know that orthos reads me as 400 x 9 for 3600 even if I run 400 x 8. But at current im running 400 x 9 stable

Xtreme Member
    I've got a new E6400 on the way. It does 3.45g on air. I'm anxious to see it under water.
    ASUS P5B-Deluxe
    C2D E6600 @ 3.525g
    PNY 7900GS @ 450/1320mhz
    OCZ GameXTreme 600w PSU
    D-Tek FuZion "bowed"
    LAING D5
    Thermochill PA120.2
    2x Scythe SFF-21F's

I have problem, my system run stable at 8*400 cpu=1,375V, but if I want 9*400 It restart in windows after few second even with 1,5 V :/ What can be problem? If I give him 1,51 it doesnt restart but OCCT give error after one minute, I have vfsb 1,4, SB 1,6, vnb ,145.
    Last edited by jirii; 12-16-2006 at 02:22 AM.
    C2D E6600
    p5b Deluxe
    Geil 2GB 800 Ultra
    MSI 8800 GTX

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by jirii
    I have problem, my system run stable at 8*400 cpu=1,375V, but if I want 9*400 It restart in windows after few second even with 1,5 V :/ What can be problem? If I give him 1,51 it doesnt restart but OCCT give error after one minute, I have vfsb 1,4, SB 1,6, vnb ,145.
    Your memory, and/or cooling is not sufficient. Might also just be plain old your chip or mobo cant handle it. But more information on your bios settings would be a great help.

Xtreme Enthusiast

man your chip just cant handle it thats all

Quote Originally Posted by Millyons
    man your chip just cant handle it thats all
    Do you think? It is sad I think that 3,6 is nit so much for 6600
    C2D E6600
    p5b Deluxe
    Geil 2GB 800 Ultra
    MSI 8800 GTX

i just found out another problem here. If i try to run 3dmark 2006 the pc shuts down always at the same test...at the same point. it only happens in 2k6 so far. 2k5 test gave a very low score, don't know why.

in the other way the games seems to be fine

Hi

I´m from Germany, so don´t expect a perfect english^^

I have a few questions and maybe you guys can answer them:

At first, this is my PC:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...tkorsett/3.jpg
    http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...tkorsett/2.jpg
    http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...tkorsett/1.jpg

I don&#180;t know, why he don&#180;t show the Numbers in the RAM-Section, but they are all untouched 5-5-5-5-15 (<-- something like that)

The Bios is 0804 and I use the the sound driver, posted here, from Asus-Rep.

My two SATA-II Drives are on AHCI and I have one IDE-DVD-Drive and one IDE Drive (120gb)

2048MB DDR2 Corsair Value-Kit CL 5, PC5400/667
    ASUS P5B Deluxe Wifi, Sock.775 Intel P965, ATX
    ATX-Netzt.BE Quiet! Straight Power 500 Watt / BQT E5
    Chieftec GX-01B-OP schwarz ohne Netzteil "Giga Serie"
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Box 4096Kb, LGA775, 64bit, Conroe
    MSI NX7900GTX-T2D512E-HD NVIDIA 7900GTX, 512MB, PCIe
    Samsung SP2504C, 250GB 7200, 8 MB Cache, NCQ S-ATA II

Question 1: I see here many pics of people, who have maybe "just" a E6300 oder E6400 and have 4ghz each core or a fsb up to 2ghz. So, I know, I can&#180;t do this, because I have no special cooling hardware ("boxed"), but maybe someone of you can tell me, how I can make my PC a bit faster. Important for me is, that it is save.. I mean, overclocking isn&#180;t save, I know, but of course there is a way, to speed it up and it won&#180;t make my PC exploding^^

It would be nice, if anyone can give me an answer, in which every step, I have to make, is written and its easy for me too understand (not only, because iam german, just because iam an absolute pc-noob^^)

Question 2: I also have these boot problems. I have made several tests and everytime, I installed the Sound Driver after a new install of windows, the pc gets slow. With the Asus-Rep drivers from this forum, the boot gets quicker... but 8 bars are not really quick, but it&#180;s ok. My question: where did you get this drivers from asus-rep oder other? On the german asus website (the same, if i use asus.com), there are only the old drivers 47.. from august 2006).

But this is not the only problem. When the Pc gets to the desktop, i have to wait round about 30 seconds, before i can use "my pc". The autostart is nearly empty, only NOD32, the CPU and Nvidia drivers, are in the autostart. So this can&#180;t be the problem. I have the problems with the samsung and with the western digital (now I use the WD) and of course if they are on ACHI or IDE makes no difference. So, I read in this forum a much about boot-problems (too many bars), but nothing about this "30 seconds problem". Do you have an answer?

Maybe someone has the will and the time to give me a little help, to have a "better" system

thx a lot
    Last edited by Anshelmo; 12-16-2006 at 05:44 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Well to make your PC faster I would firstly suggest you buy a good cooler, a thermaltake Big typhoon would be a good place to start else we cant advise you to start overclocking. And don't worry, overclocking is perfectly safe once you have such a cooler since temps on a mild overclock won't get over 60&#176;C. So don't be a cheapskate and get one. Then come back and ask me what settings to put into bios. As to your slow performance, it has all to do with crappy onboard IDE controller, to make my problems go away I just went RAID, and this uses the intel controller, so gone were my problems. I still have to wait like 5-8 seconds before my programs in windows are started up but thats very normal if you have services like antivirus and firewall starting, without these my windows bars would be under 1 bar across, nearly instantly and desktop would show instantly. So maybe buy another Samsung and switch raid if you'r sick of slow boots.

Your E6600 I am sure you can get that safely to 2800Mhz without so much as breaking a sweat. You'd be stupid not to do it:LOL: Don't believe the hype when you see guys with a E6300 on 4Ghz, those are all probably handpicked engineering samples or they have some awesome cooling running(dry ice, watercooling, .....). Your E6600 has a larger cache, so a good cooler is advised and I am sure you can get it up to 3600 on a thermaltake big typhoon, if you do the math, thats 1200Mhz extra for a mere 35€

Ow one other thing, you'd better also invest in a cheapass audio card, for germany I would suggest this product,

http://geizhals.at/deutschland/a172183.html

I have it as well and it will immediately cut your boottime in half, make sure to disable onboard HD audio in bios and deinstall all windows drivers before you plug in the PCI soundcard. New Asus drivers don't fix most of the onboard problems since those are just too big to fix, atleast those are my findings.

PS : the 30 second thing is abnormal even on IDE or AHCI, so I think its either a ed up windows install(probably installed drivers in the wrong order or installed drivers you shouldn't have), or a memory problem.
    Last edited by Cappie; 12-16-2006 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cappie
    Well to make your PC faster I would firstly suggest you buy a good cooler, a thermaltake Big typhoon would be a good place to start else we cant advise you to start overclocking. And don't worry, overclocking is perfectly safe once you have such a cooler since temps on a mild overclock won't get over 60°C. So don't be a cheapskate and get one. Then come back and ask me what settings to put into bios. As to your slow performance, it has all to do with crappy onboard IDE controller, to make my problems go away I just went RAID, and this uses the intel controller, so gone were my problems. I still have to wait like 5-8 seconds before my programs in windows are started up but thats very normal if you have services like antivirus and firewall starting, without these my windows bars would be under 1 bar across, nearly instantly and desktop would show instantly. So maybe buy another Samsung and switch raid if you'r sick of slow boots.

Your E6600 I am sure you can get that safely to 2800Mhz without so much as breaking a sweat. You'd be stupid not to do it:LOL: Don't believe the hype when you see guys with a E6300 on 4Ghz, those are all probably handpicked engineering samples or they have some awesome cooling running(dry ice, watercooling, .....). Your E6600 has a larger cache, so a good cooler is advised and I am sure you can get it up to 3600 on a thermaltake big typhoon, if you do the math, thats 1200Mhz extra for a mere 35€

Ow one other thing, you'd better also invest in a cheapass audio card, for germany I would suggest this product,

http://geizhals.at/deutschland/a172183.html

I have it as well and it will immediately cut your boottime in half, make sure to disable onboard HD audio in bios and deinstall all windows drivers before you plug in the PCI soundcard. New Asus drivers don't fix most of the onboard problems since those are just too big to fix, atleast those are my findings.

PS : the 30 second thing is abnormal even on IDE or AHCI, so I think its either a ed up windows install(probably installed drivers in the wrong order or installed drivers you shouldn't have), or a memory problem.
    I have now 1 raptor 74GB, if I buy second and make RAID you think that I recognized better speed during game and software?? and can you tell me how can I make RAID, I never made it. thx for help!!
    C2D E6600
    p5b Deluxe
    Geil 2GB 800 Ultra
    MSI 8800 GTX

hey dudes ! any ideia why my pc reboots ? it happens after a while gamming. I primed the pc for 4 hours...totaly stable.

i have a x1900xt...

tntgdh tell us your hardware? especially the PSU sounds like its just pulling too much power, dropping the Vcore and therefore crashing ur pc :P

ah ill whack this in here aswell
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=126831
    Hi Everyone,
    Im a relative noob to overclocking with the later intel chipsets and AMD 64 chipsets since my last processor has been an AMD XP TBred A core which i had running at a nice 2.3ghz.

Anyway ive built this HTPC for a friend comprising of the following:
    E6300
    2GB Kingston Valueram PC 5300 DDR 667 1.8v Ram
    Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi (C1) Bios Ver 8040
    Antec Trio 430w (low on 5v.3v, good on12v)
    7900GS

Anyway i thought id have a crack at overclocking it to 2.8ghz+ however i can only post at a paltry FSB of 320. The ram is definately capable of DDR800 Speeds, i ran it under orthos2004 for a hour at DDR800 speeds using a different ram divider. So that eliminates the ram...

I set the CPU multiplier to 6, increased the vcore to 1.4v, ram to 1.9v and then set the FSB to 334 (thinking about the strapping thing) however there was no post yet again!

I havent touched the FSB/NB etc. voltages which may be my issue.

Ive also read up on that strapping article from the tech repository however i get quite confused by it in some segments if someone could explain it to me that would be great.

he is happy with 2.24Ghz for his core2 as its just a HTPC for him and its a stable OC however i want to know what this board can do for me since i am building my C2D System soon with PC8000Ram or above

Also it may be irrelivant however ive set the PCI bandwith to 110, however i cant post with it at 100 either

Thanks for the help in advance
    Julius

*edit*
    Also i remember reading somewhere people got that problem of switching it on, it would switch off again quickly then after a pause of a few seconds switch on. My one suffers that every now and then.

*edit*
    After reading a few guides i set the NB voltage to 1.45 and 334 would post and be prime stable however 340 didnt work. I then set the max voltages that i decided to be safe (FSB 1.35, NB 1.65, SB 1.6) and 401FSB would not post with the multi set at either 6 or 7. I had a vcore of 1.5 aswell when i tried to post at 401fsb.

Is there a possability my board is an overclocking dud?

well...it's a p5b with 2 gb gskill pc800 HK and a E6400.

my video card is a x1900xt. The psu is a thermaltake 480 W.

It's really strange.....it's a total boot but the computer doesn't restart...it stays off like when you make a bad overclock....

dammit.....everytime i fix a problema a new one comes up...

NREMT-I
    Quote Originally Posted by tntgdh
    well...it's a p5b with 2 gb gskill pc800 HK and a E6400.

my video card is a x1900xt. The psu is a thermaltake 480 W.

It's really strange.....it's a total boot but the computer doesn't restart...it stays off like when you make a bad overclock....

dammit.....everytime i fix a problema a new one comes up...
    UM, Is it just me, or does anyone else think that PSU is junk? You are using a NATIVE 24PIN PSU right? I have that same PSU in my junk parts bin, however mine is the 20 pin PSU. Just confirming you are using a 24PIN PSU right? Also you need at minimum about 22Amps on the 12v rail, and I dont think that PSU is cutting it. Plus when you factor in OCing the CPU, OCing the GPU, stress ram increasing Vdimm to the ram, increasing NB / SB voltages, this 12v rail gets really stressed, so you need to make sure you have some "reserve". So I wouold say get a PSU with about 30A
    Last edited by newls1; 12-16-2006 at 08:26 AM.
    Nothing anymore

Guys I have just been through P5B-Deluxe hell

My pc would not boot for two days. Unplugging and reseting the cmos jumper to clear would not work. No mater how long I let it sit. After reading this site and others, I took the memory out, took the cpu out, replaced all this and booted with one stick of DDR2. Machine came back. Put in both sticks and machine ok I was doing a pretty mild overclock (3.2 GHZ). I was running at 356 X 9, I had the memory at 1:1, vcore at around 1.3??, vfsb 1.4, vnb 1.45 vsb 1.6. Machine was idling at around 40 C. Had run fine for two days. Turned off, went to work, came home, and no boot
    Who else has had this problem ? Why does this happen ? The only thing else I can think of is I might have changed the Suspend Mode off of Auto by mistake. What does this do ?? Thanks!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FullMoon

My pc would not boot for two days. Unplugging and reseting the cmos jumper to clear would not work. No mater how long I let it sit. After reading this site and others, I took the memory out, took the cpu out, replaced all this and booted with one stick of DDR2. Machine came back. Put in both sticks and machine ok I was doing a pretty mild overclock (3.2 GHZ). I was running at 356 X 9, I had the memory at 1:1, vcore at around 1.3??, vfsb 1.4, vnb 1.45 vsb 1.6. Machine was idling at around 40 C. Had run fine for two days. Turned off, went to work, came home, and no boot
    Who else has had this problem ? Why does this happen ? The only thing else I can think of is I might have changed the Suspend Mode off of Auto by mistake. What does this do ?? Thanks!
    Run orthos priority 9 stressing some ram.
    check your temps full load.
    if it fails you need more vcore or ram volts(many other variables)
    if it locks up your pc then your too hot or way under powered.
    run memtest86 to check your ram.

its a 20 pin psu

Quote Originally Posted by FullMoon

i had mine power down. never powered up. just died. get it RMAed

Another problem ,I had before NF4 939 socket so I use my RAM now no in dual channel(I used 2 black DIMM), and today I found it so I switch ram to dual channel but it doesnt boot!! If I have ram no dual channel everything is ok!
    C2D E6600
    p5b Deluxe
    Geil 2GB 800 Ultra
    MSI 8800 GTX

Xtreme Member
    I have now 1 raptor 74GB, if I buy second and make RAID you think that I recognized better speed during game and software?? and can you tell me how can I make RAID, I never made it. thx for help!!
    Download the P5B - Deluxe pdf manual from asus website and read pages 140-147, it really is explained so well that even an ubernoob can set it up. Once you followed those steps, just go to the intel site and download the intel matrix raid drivers,

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...ional&lang=eng

make the floppy and use it to install windows et voila you'r done, you'll need some windows RAID drivers as well to manage your arrays but search around and you'll find them too. I suggest you have a looksy at Bings post to see how to set up your RAID best,

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=467848

well..there is somenthing really wrong. i reduced the overclock to 3 ghz and could run 3dmark 2k6
    in my a64 @2600 mhz i could get 5k 3dmarks.....now i'm getting only 3800..

really weird.....i could be this problem ? i installed all the drivers from the cd

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Do you think? It is sad I think that 3,6 is nit so much for 6600

all cpus are different, i had a week 28 6600 that needed 1.5 for 3.2 ghz

Page 100 of 205 FirstFirst ... 5090979899100101102103110150200 ... LastLast