Page 9 of 194 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Forward: official GIGA 965P-S3/DS3/DS4/DQ6 beta BIOS

Xtreme Addict
    UH-OH! I just flashed my DS3 with the F4e and now it won't boot...WTF?!?!?!? I loaded optimized defaults in BIOS, rebooted, flashed with @BIOS (checking clear DMI and the other thing) it said flashed successfully, rebooted and BAM power cycles the PSU over and over again. I tried clearing CMOS and everything.

The only thing I can think of is if it reverted back to 1.8VDIMM default like the F1 BIOS had. I could boot my OCZ 2.1V stuff on F3 and F4c...not F1 and NOT this crappy new BIOS. I DON'T have a cheapo stick laying around either!

Dang, I'm screwed! If I lost my RAID array, I'm gonna be pissed - last backup was Friday.

I'll pick up some cheapo RAM tomorrow...AGAIN...and hopefully get this thing to boot.

Consider yourselves warned. I truly am the guinea pig.

Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy
    UH-OH! I just flashed my DS3 with the F4e and now it won't boot...WTF?!?!?!? I loaded optimized defaults in BIOS, rebooted, flashed with @BIOS (checking clear DMI and the other thing) it said flashed successfully, rebooted and BAM power cycles the PSU over and over again. I tried clearing CMOS and everything.

The only thing I can think of is if it reverted back to 1.8VDIMM default like the F1 BIOS had. I could boot my OCZ 2.1V stuff on F3 and F4c...not F1 and NOT this crappy new BIOS. I DON'T have a cheapo stick laying around either!

Dang, I'm screwed! If I lost my RAID array, I'm gonna be pissed - last backup was Friday.

I'll pick up some cheapo RAM tomorrow...AGAIN...and hopefully get this thing to boot.

Consider yourselves warned. I truly am the guinea pig.

Don't waste your money on the RAM. I just did the same thing with the same results. I'm using Corsair 6400C4 and it can boot at 1.8...the supposed BIOS update was screwed and now so is my mobo. Do not use that DS3 BIOS.

Xtreme Addict
    My DS3 is GONE. TOAST. WOW. This really sucks.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=110787

Damb, that sucks... have you pm'd kenofstephen to take those down for now until they are tested?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by badboy
    I am able to overclock with a USB mouse and keyboard since they won't work if I use as PS2. These are the G7 mouse and G15 keyboard. It seem that my E6400 doesn't like my PQI pc5400 memory. I been up to 325mhz already but my memory doesn't like it with the E6400. But when I had my Presler in it had no problem running memory at 348mhz 4,4,4,13. I can run at stock speeds with memory and E6400 just fine but if I try to overclock or just run the memory at 333mhz it just gives me errors in window. I tried upping the memory voltage and MCH but that made no difference. I am gonna buy some different memory on Friday.

Is it passing memtest? I have PQI Turbo 5400 RAM and it's working great in my DS3. I read on newegg that a lot of people got bad sticks in their reviews, so that might be your problem.

Mine is running at 800mhz 4-4-4-12 rock solid for a couple hours of dual prime now with my E6400 at 3.2 ghz. Voltage is 2.1 (+.3 in the DS3 bios). I actually think I might be able to go to 825 or 850. It booted into windows at 850 but I didn't stress test it since I'm still working on getting the cpu up there.

AWESOME, AWESOME memory, considering I paid $109 after rebate for two gigs from newegg.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    My DS3 is GONE. TOAST. WOW. This really sucks.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=110787
    too bad, Gigaaxx must be kicked this time

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by supercoe
    Damb, that sucks... have you pm'd kenofstephen to take those down for now until they are tested?
    i've mentioned all of them are beta BIOS and use them at own risks, I don't have every of the boards so I can't test all of them, really sorry for that....

Quote Originally Posted by kenofstephen
    lol, what does that mean? it means nothing at all!
    Could you be more specific? It means for one thing that we're flashing BIOS that cause the motherboard to die. It means that if I ask Gigabyte about anything (problems with sound and AHCI drivers), their tech support website rejects the question with a database error. It means that if I look in groups.google.com nobody answers. It means that if I ask questions here I the lol smilie and the name "crying". I do have a DQ6. I'd like to get it stable and then OC it beyond the 340 I reached. I'm not threadcrapping or trolling. Having said all that, I will admit that the Conroe has only been out for 2 weeks, and we should give Gigabyte some time. I will keep reading this informative forum. However, if you have all the answers, this forum has a thread called The Official Core 2 Duo Overclocking Thread, maybe you could put your money where your mouth is and get your system listed there. It takes more than a smart mouth to overclock a motherboard.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve
    Could you be more specific? It means for one thing that we're flashing BIOS that cause the motherboard to die. It means that if I ask Gigabyte about anything (problems with sound and AHCI drivers), their tech support website rejects the question with a database error. It means that if I look in groups.google.com nobody answers. It means that if I ask questions here I the lol smilie and the name "crying". I do have a DQ6. I'd like to get it stable and then OC it beyond the 340 I reached. I'm not threadcrapping or trolling. Having said all that, I will admit that the Conroe has only been out for 2 weeks, and we should give Gigabyte some time. I will keep reading this informative forum. However, if you have all the answers, this forum has a thread called The Official Core 2 Duo Overclocking Thread, maybe you could put your money where your mouth is and get your system listed there. It takes more than a smart mouth to overclock a motherboard.
    Please don't use my words on another issue, it is a very very bad practice dude.

all guys here should know what i've said is not referring to what you are talking.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've reported the situation to GIGABYTE immediately, really sorry for those DS3 users who suffer from the VDIMM bug again.....I'm sorry

I just want to give you guys the most update BIOS.......

I guess this is one situation where the Quad BIOS of the DQ6 would be useful. I would hope Gigabyte tested this BIOS under optimized defaults. I guess Gigabyte can't own every memory module that is manufactured. What is your brand/model of DIMM that you suspect? Are there some that Gigabyte officially approves?
    E6600 stepping 6 rev B2
    Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6
    G.Skill PC2-6400 F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ
    ASUS EN7300GT
    Arctic Cooler Pro 7
    Enermax Liberty 500W PSU
    XP Pro SP2

Xtreme Addict
    This is not a RAM issue! I got 2 different cheapo sticks of RAM to try out in the board INSTEAD of my OCZ stuff. It did not boot into CMOS with either of them, where on F1, it would. Same stick I used to get things working in the beginning.

REPEAT: This is not just a VDIMM/RAM compatibility issue. The board is GONE...TOAST.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This is not a RAM issue! I got 2 different cheapo sticks of RAM to try out in the board INSTEAD of my OCZ stuff. It did not boot into CMOS with either of them, where on F1, it would. Same stick I used to get things working in the beginning.

REPEAT: This is not just a VDIMM/RAM compatibility issue. The board is GONE...TOAST.
    in another forum the boards still work after flashing, however it turns to DQ6 and the GeForce 7 series compatibility issue has fixed.

so I would say this BIOS won't TOAST the board, but better put on hold at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by kenofstephen
    Please don't use my words on another issue, it is a very very bad practice dude.

all guys here should know what i've said is not referring to what you are talking.
    Well, I'm still confused about what you are talking, but I apologize for taking it personally and over-reacting. I want to be over-clocking, not over-reacting. Maybe you are saying you disagree with that entire Official Core 2 Duo Overclocking Thread. There is even some chance we would agree, for me, I disagree with post-XP OC then running super-pi as the goal of OC. I'd like the to just set up the OC once, to not have to change my OC after XP boots, and I'd suggest a more thorough benchmark than super-pi. People seem to feel that the motherboard should automatically compensate for pre- and post- OS timings. Maybe this problem is unavoidable and is the reason Gigabyte came up with C.I.A. (and EasyTune).
    Last edited by BigSteve; 08-09-2006 at 11:04 PM.
    E6600 stepping 6 rev B2
    Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6
    G.Skill PC2-6400 F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ
    ASUS EN7300GT
    Arctic Cooler Pro 7
    Enermax Liberty 500W PSU
    XP Pro SP2

Quote Originally Posted by soki
    Iam getting a "bios id check error" for ds4. (qflash through bios)
    soki, you managed to flash your ds4 with the f3d? or you're stil using F3b?

brahmzy, i'm feel sorry for you...

kenofstephen, where is the other forum that you mentioned?
    Last edited by dualshock; 08-09-2006 at 11:08 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dualshock
    soki, you managed to flash your ds4 with the f3d? or you're stil using F3b?

brahmzy, i'm feel sorry for you...

kenofstephen, where is the other forum that you mentioned?
    HERE YOU GO, BUT IT IS IN CHINESE

http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/viewthread....extra=page%3D1

thanks for the link...

interesting though...ds4 become dq6 after flashing? hmm...

anyway, i've only managed to read few words of it, did they mentioned any disadvantage or problems to ds4 beta BIOS?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dualshock
    thanks for the link...

interesting though...ds4 become dq6 after flashing? hmm...

anyway, i've only managed to read few words of it, did they mentioned any disadvantage or problems to ds4 beta BIOS?
    it solved the GeForce 7 compatibilty issue (which made them couldn't oc) and thus they oc more

Xtreme Member
    ok so has anybody got a successful flash of f4e on DS3????

I am Xtreme
    god thank god i read this first.

my gskill 6400 HZ arrives today so i wont be flashing to the knew bios
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by vintage_guitar
    ok so has anybody got a successful flash of f4e on DS3????
    yes, but CPU-Z displays the model to be GA-965P-DQ6 F3g BIOS

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat
    god thank god i read this first.

my gskill 6400 HZ arrives today so i wont be flashing to the knew bios
    your CPU is god-like, 1.32v @ 3.6GHz, OMG....

Xtreme Member
    so what is the best bios to use on the DS3

Xtreme Member
    F4c.

Xtreme Member
    What about the DS4??
    Cheers, Cool_Dude.
    <<< fear.teh.squirrel

Page 9 of 194 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959109 ... LastLast