Thread: Bored with Current Games. Need something new.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Bored with Current Games. Need something new.

When I asked my mom if she'd let me sell motherboard so I could get a new one, she asked me "And what will you DO with your new computer?" That got me thinking... Right now, I don't play a lot of games. Lateluy I've just been web browsing for news on new computer parts.

I think I need some good games.

Right now I have all the Source Engine games, Quake 4, FEAR, Oblivion, Age of Empires III, BF2, BaW2, and UT2004. But I'm pretty bored of them.

Don't suggest Prey. With pucking walls and gravity changing, it makes my head spin and stomach turn.

Any suggestions?
    P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP
    Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 2.8GHz
    GeForce 8800GTS

CLICK THIS:http://www.projectoffset.com/astormiscoming/ Each unique view moves the bar up. Last time it filled, a new picture was revealed.

Xtreme Member
    contra
    i has a aych dee thirtee ate sevin-d.
    and a puter.
    wif a screen.
    an mouse.
    hai.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ritalin?

Xtreme Member
    try darwinia? maybe you need to try something different.
    < asus p5w dh deluxe, intel e6600 es, bbati x800pro, 2gb mushkin xp2-5300, seasonic s12-600

< heatware

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Getting the demo right now. I'll tell you how I feel.
    P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP
    Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 2.8GHz
    GeForce 8800GTS

CLICK THIS:http://www.projectoffset.com/astormiscoming/ Each unique view moves the bar up. Last time it filled, a new picture was revealed.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by veryhumid
    try darwinia? maybe you need to try something different.

that game is so weird. and if you have all those good games and you're bored maybe its just a sign that you've grown up and dont want to play games anymore. instead go out and get drunk and maybe get layed

Xtreme Enthusiast
    get quake 2 and have some real fun!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aintz
    that game is so weird. and if you have all those good games and you're bored maybe its just a sign that you've grown up and dont want to play games anymore. instead go out and get drunk and maybe get layed
    That's a good idea because there really aren't any good shooters out. BF2 is the last good time waster I got which was released a year ago. I never understand why they don't release all the good games and hardware in the summer.
    ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 (04XX)
    O165 CCBWE 0551 UPMW 1.8 GHz @ 2.6 GHz (9x289x4) 1.525V IHSless (SI-120 Bolt Modded)
    Corsair XMS 2GB DDR-400 2-3-3-6 2.75V @ DDR-473 3-3-2-1 2.5V
    ATi X800 Pro 475/450 @ 535/500
    SB Audigy 4
    Samsung 80GB 2MB PATA HDD
    3DMark05: 6000

Ishkur's Guide To Electronic Music

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by r3w4
    That's a good idea because there really aren't any good shooters out. BF2 is the last good time waster I got which was released a year ago. I never understand why they don't release all the good games and hardware in the summer.
    Christmas.

I'm getting introduced to Tomb Raider: Legend and apart from the very annoying audio static that fades in and out, it's alright. Prince of Persia style movements with guns is always good.
    "It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were stiking thirteen..."

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon th MG Pony
    "Thermal"_"take" (i.e. they take a good idea, turn it into total crap, then over charge and add a blinking light, and thus you get the name "Thermale Take")

XS News
    Americas Army, its free and very realistic.
    Ones you learn a map you stuck in the game forever.
    Everything extra is bad!

Xtreme Addict
    Try to find something in this list:

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?t...age_type=games

Galactic Civilizations was a lot of fun for me, also Guild Wars is montly fee and can be really addictive (I played 450h+ in 6 months, working 10-11h a day )

Racing games like GT Legends or GTR (both much better than TOCA and needless to say any NFS). If played with realistic settings they're demanding and fun (at least to me).

Or maybe try some emulators?

I'm not kidding, GBA emulator or some old very good games like Fallout or all the LucasArts adventures using ScummVM. You've got the Top Games of all times here:

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?t...ll&sortdir=asc

But then, you don't need a Conroe for that
    i7 2600k @4500 | Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 | Gskill 2x4096Mb 2133Mhz | 4x2TB WD Green RAID10 | OCZ Vertex3 120Gb | 2x AMD 6950 @ Stock
    Benq 24" TN | Samsung LE46C630 "2nd" Monitor | Enermax NAXN ENP850EWT | Corsair 800D Case | Corsair H60 | Logitech G9x + Wireless Solar K750

Xtreme Member
    Ya I’ve played that game. I always ended up with like 6 girls, a million dollars in loans and retired at Countryside Acres. LIFE™ sucks!
    Current system:
    Case: Modded Watercooled Jpac
    CPU: Intel Q6600 @ 3.5GHz [1.47v] - OCCT stable
    Mobo: DFI LanParty Jr T2RS @ 432fsb [1.37v]
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4*1GB DDR2 @ DDR1095 (5-4-5-15) [2.2v]
    HD: WD 300GB Velociraptor / WD 640GB Caviar
    GPU: HD 4850 Crossfire @ (700 | 2200)
    PSU: OCZ ModXstream 780w

Aint No Real Gangster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubermann
    Americas Army, its free and very realistic.
    Ones you learn a map you stuck in the game forever.

another vote for AA here.

its free, so if you try it and dont like it, you havent wasted any money.

and what about call of duty 2? i love that game, great visuals.
    Specs
    Asus 780i Striker II Formula
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale @ 4050Mhz
    2x2GB OCZ Platinum @ 1200Mhz 5-4-3-18
    MSI 5850 1000Mhz/5000Mhz
    Wester Digital Black 2TB
    Antec Quatro 850W

Cooling
    Swiftech Apogee
    Swiftech MCP-600
    HardwareLabes Black Ice Extreme 2

Audio Setup
    X-fi w/AD8066, Clock mod, & polymer caps > PPAV2 > Grado SR60 & Grado SR325i & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro & Beyerdynamic DT990 & AKG K701 & Denon D2000

Quote Originally Posted by WeStSiDePLaYa
    another vote for AA here.

its free, so if you try it and dont like it, you havent wasted any money.

and what about call of duty 2? i love that game, great visuals.
    Call of Duty 2 is an excellent choice. Especially if you have a good sound system... one of the best looking and fun games I've played in a while. Multiplayer is awesome.

The smoke effects in that game are really quite incredible... the gunsmoke from the Kar... o.. m... g.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    or u can wait till bf 2174 (i think its 2174 forgot wat year it was) comes out...

Xtreme Member
    first off thats wrong, I always stop playing games for like a month b4 i build my new rig, it always happens, i look at what i plan on getting and then i get it and am back to my games

and dont go out to bars, you can get alot more drunk for alot less money if you just pick some up at the store
    and yes if you dont have a girl you really should find one cause gettin layed should be prioritized over playing a game, i mean spending time with your girl should be prioritized over playing a game

anyways try war rock its free and fun
    cod 2 is great
    just look for something cheap that offers mp like project snowblind

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rpg711
    or u can wait till bf 2174 (i think its 2174 forgot wat year it was) comes out...
    and its 2142 like 1942 but 200 years later

Xtreme Enthusiast
    lol i forgot... 2142 it is then... it will be awesome

Xtreme Member
    Vampire TM: BL. not really new tbh, kinda old now, but not dated - still light years ahead of its time in terms of immersion, atmosphere and the ability to create a coherent virtual world. and i'm guessin you weren't including this when you said you had all Source engine games because it's not very well-known. Valve lent their tech to these guys (Troika, now extinct) really early on in the cycle, and it was in development at the same time as HL2, and released shortly after.

ARC (attack retrieve capture) This game is suprisingly really fun even for its age.
    http://forums.arc-hq.net/viewtopic.php?t=26869 (download)
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ar...reenindex.html (screenshots)