Thread: DS3 + Mouse extremely strange issue

edited

edited
    Last edited by rattsabre; 11-20-2016 at 10:12 AM. Reason: edited

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Running your mouse and keyboard as different can cause cause problems. They should both be USB or both be PS/2, but not mixed.
    MSI Big Bang XPower
    Core i7 930 @ 3.38 Ghz
    6 x 2GB Patriot DDR3 1600
    XFX Double D 7850
    Therltake Toughpower 1200
    Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
    OCZ Revodrive 3 120GB
    Corsair 700D
    Dell 2405FPW
    W7 Pro 64 bit

I am Xtreme
    absolutely 100% not true. and i dont know where you got that info.

mouse/kb usb or ps2 is irrelevant. always has been always will be.

first off all

XP doesnt allow you to move your IRQ's you dont have a choice your stuck with what they put them at
    2nd - the DS3 is IRQ lazy. meaning it shoves alot of your power/resource hungry devices on to two IRQ's 16 and 19.

the video card, the lan, and SEVERAL usb devices/ports/hubs are all crammed into 1 IRQ, 16. and if your not carefull depending on which slot you put your sound card, it will sit right on the same IRQ as your video card and that i guarentee you will cause game issues
    the rest of the pci-e, pci and usb stuff is crammed into 18. all others are spread out just the way they are meant to be.
    This is an issue i currently am going around with gigabyte about. they had the balls to tell me to prove to them that using more than 1 irq is bad.
    i basically told that a-hole to stick it and if this is how they treat their issues im never buying another gigabyte board. and will tell anyone i know to do the same.

several things can be doing this. lets being.

1)
    did you install the intel drivers ? make sure you either grab them from intel's site or the ones off the cd
    2)
    please check your DMA mode of your cdroms/hard drives. If you have the SATA system setup in the bios as RAID then your CDROM's are running in PIO mode and this will cause all kinds of mouse lag and other issues. and could concievably cause more. (aside from the fact that you can damage your dvd burners/drives and burning is impossible in PIO mode)
    3)
    make sure you install the latest and greatest logitech drivers. legacy usb mouse drivers will work fine but there maybe something in the logitech drivers that make things different. i doubt it but its worth a shot.
    4)
    try switching your mouse over to a different usb port.. ??
    5)
    make sure you have the latest bios for the board which is the F3 bios. You can even try the F3a Beta bios. which can be found in a thread right here.
    6)
    the whole irq issue is bad i cant stress that enough. Intel and microsoft have been working for years to get rid of the whole IRQ thing devices use but as of now they arent successful. you just cant shove a video card network and a bunch of usb crap onto the same irq and make them work properly.
    7)
    i dont know man,, its definately a wierd issue.
    8)
    i dont know but you do have alot of power using usb devices. joystick, gamepad and usb mouse are all pulling the max power from the usb port they are on and thus using valuable resources.
    9)
    i would remove all usb devices except the mouse and flash or REflash the bios.

im not happy with certain things about this baord but i gotta admit your issue takes the cake. there is something about the usb devices your using or the usb hub on your motherboard thats all wacked out.
    if you remove the usb devices again and this happens i would definately be calling gigabyte and setting up an rma. something just is very wrong.

thats really all i can think of man i wish you luck and dont hesitate to ask questions and tell us what you have done and not done
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback