Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coolaler @ 11.266s w/ 4.53Ghz Conroe !!!

Banned
    I told ya, the arrival of 9 sec is near. With the Conroe and more advanced mommyboards and fine tune up's, 9 sec is a piece of cup cake.

I am Xtreme
    OMFG

Xtreme Member
    damnit that is ing fast!!!!!!
    X2 3800+ - IHS @ 2950 1.424v, 3000 1.488v
    LDBHE 0601 TPMW "N" cooled w/ aquagate mini R120
    eVGA 7900gt vanilla @ 625/1700 1.3vmod
    DFI LanpartyUT nF4 Ultra-D (bios 702-1)
    2 gb g.skill HZ 3:4:3:6 @ 250

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez
    I told ya, the arrival of 9 sec is near. With the Conroe and more advanced mommyboards and fine tune up's, 9 sec is a piece of cup cake.
    Dont be ridiculous, 9.xxx wont come anytime soon. You would need a Conroe at 5.1ghz to break into the single digit SP 1M... A Conroe with one active core and a ton of LN2 mind you... I highly doubt this will be possible even on the XE version. BUT (and its a big BUT) if it is possible, this is an insane chip that will give AMD a major headache.
    Last edited by BeyondSciFi; 05-24-2006 at 03:26 PM.

Accept nothing, challenge everything. ~ Anonymous

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondSciFi
    Dont be ridiculous, 9.xxx wont come anytime soon. You would need a Conroe at 5.1ghz to break into the single digit SP 1M... A Conroe with one active core and a ton of LN2 mind you... I highly doubt this will be possible even on the XE version.
    Or one Xtremely clean OS
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Banned
    I also saw a Conroe@ 3.6ghz with a good setup doing 12's in superPi 1M. Not to mention, this is what... first gen mommyboard that is Conroe-compatible? It's an immatured platform, don't forget. In the short-comming future with a better platform and more intense mem settings, you may not even need 4.5ghz to reach 9's in superPi 1M. Rediculous "my @$$"..... You aren't thinking ahead. Think! Think!
    Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 05-24-2006 at 04:26 PM.

Xtreme Member
    What makes me laugh is, the SPI 1mb is 2x faster than my 641 @ 5110mhz, the SPI 32mb is 2x faster than mine @ 4806mhz, the Conroes are simply amazing, was this Dryice or LN2? If its dryice, why didn't you use LN2 .
    Core i5 2500K - 8GB Corsair Vengeance, ASUS P8Z68-V, Sapphire 5830, Antec 550w

[XC] gomeler
    Cars are meant to be driven and then painstakingly cleaned and maintained.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EZClock
    What makes me laugh is, the SPI 1mb is 2x faster than my 641 @ 5110mhz, the SPI 32mb is 2x faster than mine @ 4806mhz, the Conroes are simply amazing, was this Dryice or LN2? If its dryice, why didn't you use LN2 .
    It was ln2

Banned
    Dont be ridiculous, 9.xxx wont come anytime soon. You would need a Conroe at 5.1ghz to break into the single digit SP 1M... A Conroe with one active core and a ton of LN2 mind you... I highly doubt this will be possible even on the XE version. BUT (and its a big BUT) if it is possible, this is an insane chip that will give AMD a major headache.
    Here's what I said in March of this year, more than 2 months ago, tell me when you feel like arguing:

1) Conroe will do 4Ghz on air.
    2) Extreme systems will do 10-11 second SPI 1M.
    3) World-class overclockers will set records in the 9 SPI 1M range.
    4) Every single 3D record (and FPS records for all games) will be set with Conroe.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freecableguy
    don't feel like arguing but I am not sure even an XE could do 4ghz on air

Xtreme Member
    Payne, the 3.33XE should do a 700mhz OC, from speculation of course .. but a 700mhz OC isn't a lot .
    Core i5 2500K - 8GB Corsair Vengeance, ASUS P8Z68-V, Sapphire 5830, Antec 550w

[XC] gomeler
    Cars are meant to be driven and then painstakingly cleaned and maintained.

bee boo bop bop crunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by payne280
    don't feel like arguing but I am not sure even an XE could do 4ghz on air
    This comment is funny when reading your sig

congrats coolaler! showing the world how its done

Xtreme Member
    Here's what I said in March of this year, more than 2 months ago, tell me when you feel like arguing:

4) Every single 3D record (and FPS records for all games) will be set with Conroe.
    OK, Im game.

1) This is JUST speculation on your part. The closest thing to your statement is Coolaler's 3.5ghz on air SP 1m stable, BUT with one core active.
    2) There is no doubting this, eventually we will get to 10s, 9s, 8s, etc... Better systems come along with better performance.
    3) If you are referring to a Conroe doing this... good luck... Just ask Fugger or Coolaler how hard it was to get sub 12s. Do some math, if Coolaler did 11.9 @ 4259mhz, 5080mhz+ would be needed for 9.999 or under. AND only one core active...
    4) Well duh... Conroe will be the best available CPU for the near future.

A friendly arguing is good for the mind...

Quote Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez
    I also saw a Conroe@ 3.6ghz with a good setup doing 12's in superPi 1M. Not to mention, this is what... first gen mommyboard that is Conroe-compatible? It's an immatured platform, don't forget. In the short-comming future with a better platform and more intense mem settings, you may not even need 4.5ghz to reach 9's in superPi 1M. Rediculous "my @$$"..... You aren't thinking ahead. Think! Think!
    We'll see in a couple of months wont we...

Anyone here who thinks they know how well Conroe will perform/overclock in the end is full of crap, we are all just make speculations. Some just more logical then others.
    Last edited by BeyondSciFi; 05-24-2006 at 05:36 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EZClock
    Payne, the 3.33XE should do a 700mhz OC, from speculation of course .. but a 700mhz OC isn't a lot .
    I know 700mhz isn't alot but on air and with both cores enabled it could be a problem

Xtreme Cruncher
    OK, Im game.

1) This is JUST speculation on your part. The closest thing to your statement is Coolaler's 3.5ghz on air SP 1m stable, BUT with one core active.
    2) There is no doubting this, eventually we will get to 10s, 9s, 8s, etc... Better systems come along with better performance.
    3) If you are referring to a Conroe doing this... good luck... Just ask Fugger or Coolaler how hard it was to get sub 12s. Do some math, if Coolaler did 11.9 @ 4259mhz, 5080mhz+ would be needed for 9.999 or under. AND only one core active...
    4) Well duh... Conroe will be the best available CPU for the near future.

A friendly arguing is good for the mind...

We'll see in a couple of months wont we...

Anyone here who thinks they know how well Conroe will perform/overclock in the end is full of crap, we are all just make speculations. Some just more logical then others.

FCG know what is he talking about he has a conroe in his hand or 2 i cant remember anymore too much happening this week, if he says it will reach 4ghz on air its possible and the other things he said are true so why argue
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathan18
    ... so why argue
    Because he is just making guesses, while Coolaler's Conroe scales exactly how I predicted it... Even if 5ghz is possible, it will be very hard.

SP 1M @11.922s @ 4259mhz = 5078mhz to break 10.000
    Sp 1M @11.359s @ 4470mhz = 5078mhz to break 10.000
    Last edited by BeyondSciFi; 05-24-2006 at 06:50 PM.

Xtreme Addict

1) 4ghz on air? maybe 4ghz on an LS
    2) correct
    3) not yet
    4) fx-62 has 3d03 and idk about 06
    Q6700
    MSI P35
    8GB OCZ
    2xHD 2900 XT
    PCP&C 1kw

Banned
    This newbie is crapping Coolaler thread. great.....

I definitely see BeyondSciFi is a one hell of a newbie. it's not even worth arguing with this fool.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Because he is just making guesses, while Coolaler's Conroe scales exactly how I predicted it... Even if 5ghz is possible, it will be very hard.

SP 1M @11.922s @ 4259mhz = 5078mhz to break 10.000
    Sp 1M @11.359s @ 4470mhz = 5078mhz to break 10.000

very hard 5ghz? if these guys with es first sameple cpu no the top of the line or anything like that are making 4.4ghz now imagine with a XE and with better boards 5ghz i see it very doable breacking 9 sec also...

owning every record with conroe also... expect max speed intel that is for netburst.... i expect 03 and 06 falling with more time 1 or 2 months at max

so 4ghz with air from a XE yes i think so he knows what he is talking about...
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Member
    Well to tell you the truth, im a pessimist. I always find the bad before the good. It would be cool if Conroe would become the first to break into the single digits, but I dunno...

And by HARD, I mean inpractical solutions like LN2, DI, Multi stage evaps used only for record runs. Eazy would be something more practical that the average person could do, like on water or air.

Xtreme Idiot
    Well to tell you the truth, im a pessimist. I always find the bad before the good. It would be cool if Conroe would become the first to break into the single digits, but I dunno...

And by HARD, I mean inpractical solutions like LN2, DI, Multi stage evaps used only for record runs. Eazy would be something more practical that the average person could do, like on water or air.
    dont forget singlestage.. also, don't forget that it's xs. if it's easy on ln2, it's still easy.. right? i know of at least one person that runs a cascade 24/7 lol
    merom t7200
    aopen ydg 975x
    2x1gb patriot pc6400
    ati x1800xt
    x-fi xtreme music
    wafflepot+ dice
    Conroe...
    The conroe uses 4mb's of L2, it is a SSE monster. 2 cores, extra 64 bit line. About it. Will be a great multi-tasker. But its really not that impressave.

Xtreme Member
    awesome scores, and I see waffles, you already have a merom rig. congrats

Xtreme Member
    Don't forget additional performance gains from upcoming mobos and the next generation MCH and DDR(?) which will surely be designed for maximizing Conroe's performance. You don't have to be a genius to realize 5Ghz/9 sec SP1m runs will be here by years end.

Don't worry, when it happens I won't come back and try to tell you how smart I am.

GREAT RUNS COOLALER...
    955 @ 5362 MHz on DD RBX @ 1.58v
    P5WD2-E Vcore mod, Vdim mod.
    8000ul @ 4,3,3,8 1170MHz @ 2.7v
    ATI 1900xtx, modded DDx18 / Modded EXOS II w/ Alphacool 1510
    Zippy 6850P

Congrats; that's great!
    Viva conroe

Xtreme Member
    Bah... I give up. Oh yeah, real mature calling me a noob. You were one also. If just because I dont have the cash to buy every single new piece of equipment when it comes out makes me noob, then so be. I would rather make educated guesses then going along with the crowd. Hell, not enough is know about Conroe to make you guys any more accurate then this noob. So, im going to shut up and let time give us the answer. No point in carrying on conversations with people that resort to name calling.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast