Thread: Real Temp - New temp program for Intel Core processors

Threaded View

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by unclewebb View Post
    When the full load was on core0, it was averaging 47C while core0 heated up to 46C even though it wasn't doing anything. With the load swapped, both cores were now running pretty much the exact same temperature. The overall average difference is now less than 1C with 45nm.
    That is interesting, especially how well they track. I was going to argue that maybe you were in the temp range where accuracy was less reliable, but instead I tried with linpack (finally a use for it) myself with rad fans off, got same results at higher temps, setting affinity to core 0, then core 1.

Regarding accuracy of IR, I wish 6 months ago, when i used my wifes accurate temp probe from work to double check IR through masking tape versus temp probe to cpu, wish I had taken a pic...would just flash that up each time as they were within ~1C at several different temps. Though, I used the probe thinking it was not going to be accurate.

You almost made a believer of me, using your useful program regardless, but would be nice to try it on a mobile cpu with known tjmax.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	linpack.jpg 
Views:	2134 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	73323